Czech Police in Ústecký Region seek eyewitnesses in the case of the Romani man who died in Žatec
The Regional Directorate of the Police of the Czech Republic in the Ústecký Region published a call online today in connection with the recent case of the still-unsolved death of a young Romani man in the Czech town of Žatec. Police are asking that any eyewitnesses to the tragic incident provide them with testimony or any recordings from the scene.
"Given that various news servers are reporting information about other eyewitnesses and video recordings of the incident that happened on Tuesday, 18 October in Žatec, during which a young man suddenly died, we ask all witnesses, in the interest of the successful clarification of the case, to call the 158 number and provide the police with all of their information and recordings," the police website reads.
- Former Czech Human Rights Minister Michael Kocáb calls on Gejza Horváth to attend the Roma Spirit ceremony
- Pavel Botoš: After the events in Žatec I will never return to the Czech Republic
- Jan Horvát: Romani people must unite over the death in Žatec. We can't ignore it!
- Five assemblies scheduled internationally to mark the death of a young Romani man in Žatec
- Anonymous eyewitness describes Romani man falling silent after punch to head
- Denisa Havrľová: We must all protest together, nobody has the right to take somebody else's life!
- Czech Republic: Memorial assembly this Thursday in Ostrava over Romani man's death in Žatec
- Czech Republic: Memorial assembly and march this Thursday in Žatec over Romani man's death
- Miroslav Kováč on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: Latent institutional racism, lack of respect for human life
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council demand thorough investigation of Romani man's death as soon as possible
- Radim Kupec on the death of Romani man in Žatec: The essence of equality is justice
- Czech Republic: Video of Romani assembly in Žatec on 20 October
- Gejza Horváth cancels appearance at Roma Spirit award over death of a Romani man in Žatec
- Renáta Kováčová on the death of the Romani man in Žatec: Exonerating autopsy results impossible to believe
- Tomáš Ščuka on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: We do not support antigypsyism and we insist on objectivity!
- Lucie Oračková on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: Czech Police are not protecting us
- The final hours of life of the young Romani man who died at a Czech pizzeria
- Czech Republic: Pizzeria management says Romani man who died there attacked customers, who "detained him until police arrived"
- Michal Miko on the death of a Romani man in Žatec: What next?
- Czech Police said to have prevented parents of deceased Romani man from seeing his body before the autopsy
- American author Paul Polansky has passed away
- Czech hospital refuses to examine young Romani man - by the time doctors agreed to see him, he died
- Marcel Courthiade, linguist who dedicated himself to the emancipation of Roma and their language, has passed away
- Legendary Romani musician Rudolf Bagár has passed away
- Romani singer Věra Gondolánová has passed away
- Rajko Djurić, academic, author and former president of the International Romani Union, has passed away
- Young Roma in the Czech Republic call on community to protect themselves from COVID-19 and not believe everything they read online
- Romani journalists in Czech Republic call on community to uphold measures against pandemic
- Famous Roma Rights Activist László Bogdán Has Passed Away
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Romani Union of Slovakia: Police brutality against children must be investigated by independent commission, the ministry could be biased
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities says she belives police brutality incident will be properly investigated, officer has been transferred