Czech Police investigating racist video posted by fanclub of ultranationalist party
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the Czech Police are investigating a racist video posted to a website for fans of the "Freedom and Direct Democracy Movement of Tomio Okamura" (SPD) movement. The administrators of the website include regional assembly members and one MP from the SPD.
Hundreds of parodies have been made of a famous scene from the film "Downfall", in which Adolf Hitler has a temper tantrum in his underground bunker. However, some of them may actually break Czech law.
One of those that may cross the line has been published to the website for fans of the SPD. In the parody, Hitler says: "I exterminated the Jews and now even bigger motherfuckers are heading to Europe! I should have revived the concentration camps, right?"
Many hateful remarks are made in the video. "I'd immediately send all the monkeys who worship Allah [to the concentration camps]," is another line.
"We know the video at issue," said Jaroslav Ibehej, spokesperson for the National Headquarters against Organized Crime (NCOZ), when contacted by Lidovky.cz. He added that the NCOZ is currently assessing it.
Police have apparently been reviewing the content of the video for roughly one month. The Facebook group for fans of SPD Tomio Okamura has more than 17 000 members.
Among the 10 administrators who are able to allow posts to the group and to delete unwanted ones are SPD party members. Czech MP Lubomír Španěl, members of the South Moravian Regional Assembly Libor Bláha and Jan Hrnčíř, and the Znojmo local assembly member Petra Svedíková Vávrová are all administrators, for example.
"I have no idea what video it is that you're talking about. As far as I am aware, posts on the page can be followed by anybody, so it's difficult to prevent provocations," Hrnčíř wrote to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech Police arrest opponents of new ombudsman who blockaded his access to the office on his first day
- Czech Police investigate distribution of antisemitic book after media reports
- Czech Police investigating Nazi symbols on 14 buildings in Ústí nad Orlicí
- Czech Police recommend prosecuting woman who wore Nazi swastikas for supporting a movement to suppress human rights
- Czech court says police officer who beat Romani worker did not commit a felony
- Czech Police say man and woman who committed racist attack against Romani children should be prosecuted
- Czech off-duty police officer assaults Romani children for smoking
- VIDEO: Czech Police prevent neo-Nazis from assaulting Prague Pride participants
- Czech Police, prosecutors intensively focus on online haters, number of prosecutions rising
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities logged 347 antisemitic incidents last year, police addressed 15
- Czech Police investigating hateful online comments inciting violence against Czech Radio reporter that were sparked by politician
- Czech towns hire Romani community members as police assistants
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech Police bring first cases against social media users who approved of the white supremacist terrorism against the Christchurch mosques
- Demonstrators gave banned Nazi salute in full view of Czech Police, were wearing Nazi symbols
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band
- Czech Police say most hate crimes last year were against Roma, number of antisemitic attacks declined
- Czech Police investigating assault on Romani children as a felony now
- Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
- Czech NGO ROMEA and vice-chair of Pirates file criminal report over online racist commentaries about arson in Bohumín
- Czech MP who said she "understood" racist death threats against Romani and other non-white children switches parties
- Czech mayor claims all those number 8's in her event have noooothing to do with neo-Nazis
- Facebook says it may disallow pages of far-right Czech party and its leaders
- Czech police use dehumanizing terms if incidents involve Romani people, the media parrot them - and then pogroms begin
- Czech Interior Ministry report finds far-right party was the "super spreader" of hate last year
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Germany reorganizes special military unit because some of its personnel are members of the ultra-right
- Russia claims to be "concerned" about the very neo-Nazis they support in the Czech Republic
- Czech lower house sees tussle over President's claims that "Black Lives Matter" is a "racist" slogan
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out
- Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg: Mr President, you've committed another complete faux pas