Czech Police investigating racist video posted by fanclub of ultranationalist party
News server Lidovky.cz reports that the Czech Police are investigating a racist video posted to a website for fans of the "Freedom and Direct Democracy Movement of Tomio Okamura" (SPD) movement. The administrators of the website include regional assembly members and one MP from the SPD.
Hundreds of parodies have been made of a famous scene from the film "Downfall", in which Adolf Hitler has a temper tantrum in his underground bunker. However, some of them may actually break Czech law.
One of those that may cross the line has been published to the website for fans of the SPD. In the parody, Hitler says: "I exterminated the Jews and now even bigger motherfuckers are heading to Europe! I should have revived the concentration camps, right?"
Many hateful remarks are made in the video. "I'd immediately send all the monkeys who worship Allah [to the concentration camps]," is another line.
"We know the video at issue," said Jaroslav Ibehej, spokesperson for the National Headquarters against Organized Crime (NCOZ), when contacted by Lidovky.cz. He added that the NCOZ is currently assessing it.
Police have apparently been reviewing the content of the video for roughly one month. The Facebook group for fans of SPD Tomio Okamura has more than 17 000 members.
Among the 10 administrators who are able to allow posts to the group and to delete unwanted ones are SPD party members. Czech MP Lubomír Španěl, members of the South Moravian Regional Assembly Libor Bláha and Jan Hrnčíř, and the Znojmo local assembly member Petra Svedíková Vávrová are all administrators, for example.
"I have no idea what video it is that you're talking about. As far as I am aware, posts on the page can be followed by anybody, so it's difficult to prevent provocations," Hrnčíř wrote to Lidovky.cz.
- Czech Police arrest opponents of new ombudsman who blockaded his access to the office on his first day
- Czech Police investigate distribution of antisemitic book after media reports
- Czech Police investigating Nazi symbols on 14 buildings in Ústí nad Orlicí
- Czech Police recommend prosecuting woman who wore Nazi swastikas for supporting a movement to suppress human rights
- Czech court says police officer who beat Romani worker did not commit a felony
- Czech Police say man and woman who committed racist attack against Romani children should be prosecuted
- Czech off-duty police officer assaults Romani children for smoking
- VIDEO: Czech Police prevent neo-Nazis from assaulting Prague Pride participants
- Czech Police, prosecutors intensively focus on online haters, number of prosecutions rising
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities logged 347 antisemitic incidents last year, police addressed 15
- Czech Police investigating hateful online comments inciting violence against Czech Radio reporter that were sparked by politician
- Czech towns hire Romani community members as police assistants
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech Police bring first cases against social media users who approved of the white supremacist terrorism against the Christchurch mosques
- Demonstrators gave banned Nazi salute in full view of Czech Police, were wearing Nazi symbols
- Czech Police intervene against those counter-protesting demonstration featuring Le Pen, Salvini, Wilders and a neo-Nazi band
- Czech Police say most hate crimes last year were against Roma, number of antisemitic attacks declined
- Czech Police investigating assault on Romani children as a felony now
- Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
- Germany: Extremist group in the AfD party says it is dissolving
- Irena Biháriová on developments in Slovakia: Who is really being ostracized?
- North Macedonia selects just Romani people crossing the border for quarantine in unhygienic conditions
- Slovakia's Romani settlements are very endangered by the COVID-19 pandemic, some have no access to potable water
- Czech and Slovak extremists do their best to profit from the COVID-19 pandemic, attacking the EU and public broadcast media
- Slovak Plenipotentiary for Roma says Govt decision not to deliver benefits to Romani settlements is inhumane
- Czech lower house committee suspends discussion of stripping ultranationalist MP of immunity from prosecution for xenophobic remarks
- Newsweek: Trump and other Western leaders are legitimizing Hungarian PM's anti-Roma campaign, according to human rights activists
- Director of EU FRA: Racism has no place in combating coronavirus, human rights limitations must be proportionate
- Author raising a Romani child says Czech Public Defender of Rights is racist and evil is slowly winning
- Czech court returns to case of hate speech online targeting non-"white" first-graders
- Slovak elections: Opposition OLaNO wins, no growth in votes for fascist party