Czech Police investigating shots fired at Romani summer camp and local police procedure
Yesterday news server Romea.cz published an interview in which we reported on an incident of a man who fired warning shots and shouted verbal abuse at Romani children participating in a summer camp with the Čhavorenge choir in the Děčín area. Regional Police are now investigating.
The investigation will include ascertaining why police officers from the local station did not go to the scene when the summer camp organizers called for aid. According to the most recent information published by news server iDNES.cz, Regional Police Director Jaromír Kníže has entrusted his deputy and the head of Internal Affairs Department to review the case on the basis of the interview published by news server Romea.cz.
"At the same time we are requesting the return of the file for further investigation and it has already been sent to the Municipal Authority of Varnsdorf," Regional Police spokesperson Jana Slámová said. The results of the police investigation should be known by the end of this week.
"Nobody has contacted me, nor has anybody provided me with any information about the course of the investigation. A protocol about the incident was basically compiled thanks to our efforts and our decision to go to the station in person. The police showed no interest and it's continuing in that vein," choir director Ida Kelarová told news server Romea.cz.
News server Romea.cz is informed that lawyers have begun to take an interest in the entire situation. Nonprofit organizations focused on human rights protection have apparently also taken an interest.
The incident happened at the beginning of August in Jiřetín pod Jedlovou. A local resident whose single-family home abuts the campus of the facility where the recreation camp is located "charged" at the children and managers there twice over the course of three days using an unspecified weapon to shoot into the air during his forays.
After the second incident the managers of the camp decided to call police, who refused to come to the scene to handle the case despite repeated urging. After further complaints were made to the police the behavior of the aggressor has been qualified as a misdemeanor for now.
- Ida Kelarová on warning shots fired near Roma children at music camp: The Czech Police refused to help us
- France: Fatal shooting at Romani camp, six-month-old among the dead
- Czech Interior Minister: Today it's a gallows, tomorrow people could be shooting each other
- Czech Republic: Romani residents of Tanvald oppose planned demonstration for new investigation of 2012 shooting
- Czech media misreport that victim of crossbow shooting was allegedly a thief
- Czech attorney claims police tampered with evidence in shooting of Romani man
- Czech filmmakers finish documentary about shooting death of Romani man
- Slovakia: Romani community buries victims of off-duty cop shooting
- Czech Republic: Crossbow shooter regrets shooting out of fear, Roma collecting funds for victim's funeral
- Czech Republic: Man dies after being shot with an arrow, allegedly during robbery, media claims he was Romani
- Czech Romani activist debates central misdemeanor registry, prosecution of Tanvald shooting
- Czech activist alleges reconstruction of shooting incident in Tanvald was one-sided
- Czech Republic: Investigation says pensioner shot Romani men in self-defense
- Czech Police perform reconstruction of shooting incident in Tanvald
- Czech Republic: Hundreds pay last respects to Romani gunshot victim, disruption of funeral attempted
- Tanvald gunshot victim: "I fear for my life"
- Czech Republic: Romani activist says media tried to bribe gunshot victim
- Czech newspaper reveals identity of man who allegedly shot Romani youths
- Czech Republic: Funeral for Romani gunshot victim Saturday, public commemoration planned
- Czech Republic: Romani victim says shooting was unprovoked
- Roma family shot in Bratislava by a neighbor, other building residents shocked
- Villager arrested after 'firing shot' over gypsy children intruding in garden
- Two Roma fatally shot in attack in Hungarian village
- Family of three shot dead in Ingushetia, south Russia
- Czech police officer who brutally assaulted Romani workers now on trial
- Czech prosecutor indicts shooter for murder, refutes police report that he was responding to victim driving into people
- Czech Police investigating three suspects over death threats against first-graders
- Slovak President Kiska discusses Romani settlements and Interior Ministry's plans for repression
- UK: Police say there are no suspicious circumstances about death of young Romani girl in Sheffield
- Czech court holds trial of man who threatened Romani children with gunfire at summer camp
- Amnesty International: We demand justice for the victims of the Slovak Police raid on the Roma settlement of Moldava nad Bodvou
- Attorneys for anarchist defendants allege Czech Police instigated plan for unrealized train attack
- Czech Police arrest man for firing gas pistol while shouting about "Gypsies"
- Czech court releases murder suspect from custody now that all witnesses to shooting of Romani man have been questioned
- Czech Police reconstruct murder of Romani man, shooter faces 20 years in prison if convicted
- Czech prosecutor says death threats and racist abuse committed through Facebook not necessarily crimes
Tags:Čhavorenge, Ida Kelarová, Policie, střelba, Varnsdorf
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.