Czech Police investigating shots fired at Romani summer camp and local police procedure
Yesterday news server Romea.cz published an interview in which we reported on an incident of a man who fired warning shots and shouted verbal abuse at Romani children participating in a summer camp with the Čhavorenge choir in the Děčín area. Regional Police are now investigating.
The investigation will include ascertaining why police officers from the local station did not go to the scene when the summer camp organizers called for aid. According to the most recent information published by news server iDNES.cz, Regional Police Director Jaromír Kníže has entrusted his deputy and the head of Internal Affairs Department to review the case on the basis of the interview published by news server Romea.cz.
"At the same time we are requesting the return of the file for further investigation and it has already been sent to the Municipal Authority of Varnsdorf," Regional Police spokesperson Jana Slámová said. The results of the police investigation should be known by the end of this week.
"Nobody has contacted me, nor has anybody provided me with any information about the course of the investigation. A protocol about the incident was basically compiled thanks to our efforts and our decision to go to the station in person. The police showed no interest and it's continuing in that vein," choir director Ida Kelarová told news server Romea.cz.
News server Romea.cz is informed that lawyers have begun to take an interest in the entire situation. Nonprofit organizations focused on human rights protection have apparently also taken an interest.
The incident happened at the beginning of August in Jiřetín pod Jedlovou. A local resident whose single-family home abuts the campus of the facility where the recreation camp is located "charged" at the children and managers there twice over the course of three days using an unspecified weapon to shoot into the air during his forays.
After the second incident the managers of the camp decided to call police, who refused to come to the scene to handle the case despite repeated urging. After further complaints were made to the police the behavior of the aggressor has been qualified as a misdemeanor for now.
- Ida Kelarová on warning shots fired near Roma children at music camp: The Czech Police refused to help us
- France: Fatal shooting at Romani camp, six-month-old among the dead
- Czech Interior Minister: Today it's a gallows, tomorrow people could be shooting each other
- Czech Republic: Romani residents of Tanvald oppose planned demonstration for new investigation of 2012 shooting
- Czech media misreport that victim of crossbow shooting was allegedly a thief
- Slovakia: Romani community buries victims of off-duty cop shooting
- Czech Republic: Crossbow shooter regrets shooting out of fear, Roma collecting funds for victim's funeral
- Czech Republic: Man dies after being shot with an arrow, allegedly during robbery, media claims he was Romani
- Czech Romani activist debates central misdemeanor registry, prosecution of Tanvald shooting
- Czech activist alleges reconstruction of shooting incident in Tanvald was one-sided
- Czech Republic: Investigation says pensioner shot Romani men in self-defense
- Czech Police perform reconstruction of shooting incident in Tanvald
- Czech Republic: Hundreds pay last respects to Romani gunshot victim, disruption of funeral attempted
- Tanvald gunshot victim: "I fear for my life"
- Czech Republic: Romani activist says media tried to bribe gunshot victim
- Czech newspaper reveals identity of man who allegedly shot Romani youths
- Czech Republic: Funeral for Romani gunshot victim Saturday, public commemoration planned
- Czech Republic: Romani victim says shooting was unprovoked
- Roma family shot in Bratislava by a neighbor, other building residents shocked
- Villager arrested after 'firing shot' over gypsy children intruding in garden
- Two Roma fatally shot in attack in Hungarian village
- Family of three shot dead in Ingushetia, south Russia
- Czech Inspector-General prosecuting two police officers for torturing Romani man into a false confession
- Czech appeals court reduces sentence for murder of Romani man to seven years, prosecutor calls it disproportionate, inhumane and unjust
- Czech Police refute rumors that defecation in public pool was done by Roma - defamatory article sparked a racist wave online
- Slovak court convicts Romani victims of police raid for making allegedly false accusations of brutality
- Czech court acquits police officer, says use of force against Romani harvester was legal, state to appeal
- Czech trial of shooting at Romani music camp hears testimony about shooter's verbal abuse as well
- Slovak appeals court says video of police abuse of Romani children must be admitted into evidence
- Czech Public Defender of Rights says police failed in their response to shooting at children's camp
- Czech media again exaggerate assault incident, promote antigypsyist stereotypes
- Czech trial of last year's murder of a Romani man in Chomutov, defendant claims he was trying to protect people
- Romani children from choir whose summer camp was shot at write to Czech PM, Police, seeking apology
- Brutal assailant attacks Romani woman in front of her children, Czech Police can't get their stories straight
Tags:Čhavorenge, Ida Kelarová, Policie, střelba, Varnsdorf
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.