Czech Police investigating video in which non-Romani bodybuilder threatens Roma in Chomutov with murder
Police in Chomutov, Czech Republic have confirmed they have begun investigating the video recording in which the bodybuilder and Internet "celebrity" Filip Grznár comments on the recent murder of a Romani man there. "For the time being, an investigation is underway on suspicion of the crime of approving of a criminal act as per Section 365 Criminal Code, or perhaps incitement to hatred against a group of persons or restriction of their rights and freedoms as per Section 356 Criminal Code," police spokesperson Marie Pivková told news server Romea.cz yesterday.
"We are determining where the scene of the alleged crime was, but a criminal proceedings has yet to begin," the police spokesperson said. The video was published at the beginning of June on the bodybuilder's Instagram profile and shows him aggressively, vulgarly expressing his view about the death of the young Romani man, arguing in favor of the man who shot him, and threatening the Roma of Chomutov with murder.
The video was viewed more than 50 000 times during just three days and continues to be disseminated on YouTube and other social networks through different profiles. Grznár is infamous for his illiterate posts, his indiscriminate vocabulary, his use of methamphetamine, and his vogue for the neo-Nazi clothing label Thor Steiner.
In one of his videos he invites the ultra-right politician Tomio Okamura to lift weights with him. News server Romea.cz will continue to follow this scandal.
- Marian Dancso: Czech justice through the eyes of Filip Grznár, who threatens Roma with murder
- Analysis: Czech Police say situation after Chomutov shooting not tense, locals say otherwise
- Czech Republic: Family of Romani man shot dead in Chomutov doesn't want demonstrations
- Czech Republic: Vigil held for Romani man shot dead yesterday
- Romani musician in Czech Republic regrets believing COVID-19 was fake now that he's had it
- Romani singer sends message about COVID-19 from a Czech hospital: You do not want to catch this
- Civil society skeptical as to whether EU Member States will align with European Commission's 10-year Roma Strategy
- European Commission VP Věra Jourová: Not enough was done during the last decade for Roma, the EC is launching a new 10-year plan
- Commentary: What are the Romani candidates running for the fascists in the Czech Republic thinking?
- Romani candidate in Czech regional elections says politicians don't have to be corrupt
- German police officers who joined neo-Nazi groups online are being disciplined and dismissed in one state
- Czech capital to see new Center for the Roma and Sinti, meant to serve the general public
- Commentary: Romani quintuplets go to school, primitives in the Czech Republic have a field day!
- Commentary: The Czech and Slovak Romani community on the battlefield that is Facebook
- UK: Thousands of Czech citizens, mainly Roma, don't have the documents they need to apply for settled status
- Czech ceremony commemorating Romani prisoners sent to Auschwitz on 20 August attended by more than 150 people