Czech Police release video footage to find assailants of foreign national in Brno
Detectives in Brno, Czech Republic are still investigating a case from last year in which a 31-year-old foreigner was physically assaulted on Dominikánská Street by four men who have yet to be identified. The victim told police he was first vulgarly insulted by the aggressors because of his skin color, then pushed to the ground and kicked.
The victim managed to escape into Starobrněnská Street, where one attacker caught up to him and assaulted him again. That part of the attack was captured by the city's CCTV system.
Detectives are asking the public to aid them in identifying the assailant. The suspect is about 30 years old, 180 cm tall, muscular, and speaks Czech badly in the recording, which indicates he may also be a foreign national.
The suspect has a circular tattoo on his right calf. Those with information can call the police hotline from within the country on 158.
- Czech Police: Election slogan about "pests" and "poison" a misdemeanor, use of "riff-raff" ok
- Ten years after the Czech neo-Nazi arson attack on her Romani family, Natálka still suffers from nightmares and pain
- Czech Police charge senior citizen, a fanatical supporter of xenophobic politician, with terrorism
- Czech Police ask lower house to lift immunity on MP who called Romani genocide site a "non-existing pseudo-concentration camp"
- Czech Police must re-investigate one MP for Holocaust denial, but head of ultranationalist party will not be prosecuted
- Czech Police have yet to take statements of 10 foreign students assaulted two weeks ago in Ostrava
- Czech Foreign Minister Petříček wants a foreign policy that advocates for human rights
- Robin Stria, 7th place candidate for the Greens, Brno-střed: The biggest problem in the Czech Republic is housing
- Now that evictees are housed, Czech local government attacks NGOs and the poor
- Czech Interior Minister says MP is lying about foreign nationals voting
- Czech vigilantes file their own crime report about play in Brno
- Czech Police intervene after ultra-right attacks those opposed to neo-Nazism in Plzeň
- Czech Republic: Mayor of Brno joins march against denial of the Holocaust of the Roma
- Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response
- Czech Republic: Eyewitness video footage shows Romani man was subjected to violence before he died
- Edited CCTV footage from Czech pizzeria where Romani man died is broadcast, questions remain unanswered
- Czech-language hoaxes deceive online with footage from feature films and news reports
- Czech President Zeman visits school with Romani pupils as 2021/2022 school year begins
- Woman says intercity bus driver in northern Czech town racially abused her and called for the death of all Roma before physically throwing her onto a road
- Czech Police director of the Karlovy Vary Region: Internal Affairs Department investigating video of intervention by police in Sokolov
- Czech capital to see demonstration for Stanislav Tomáš today expressing disagreement with police intervention and support for local community
- Czech Foreign Affairs Ministry announces its readiness to communicate findings of investigation into Teplice case
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights will investigate controversial police intervention after which Romani community member Stanislav Tomáš died
- Romani community turns site of young man's death in Czech town into a place of reverence
- Romani man dies after Czech Police kneel on his neck, they say drugs caused his death. Romani activists see parallels to George Floyd
- Slovak MP who is also a Romani community member accused of sexually abusing a teenaged girl, claims he is innocent
- Vojtěch Lavička on the Ostrava incident: Knowing how to communicate can prevent dangerous conflicts
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Legendary Romani musician Rudolf Bagár has passed away