Czech Police release video footage to find assailants of foreign national in Brno
Detectives in Brno, Czech Republic are still investigating a case from last year in which a 31-year-old foreigner was physically assaulted on Dominikánská Street by four men who have yet to be identified. The victim told police he was first vulgarly insulted by the aggressors because of his skin color, then pushed to the ground and kicked.
The victim managed to escape into Starobrněnská Street, where one attacker caught up to him and assaulted him again. That part of the attack was captured by the city's CCTV system.
Detectives are asking the public to aid them in identifying the assailant. The suspect is about 30 years old, 180 cm tall, muscular, and speaks Czech badly in the recording, which indicates he may also be a foreign national.
The suspect has a circular tattoo on his right calf. Those with information can call the police hotline from within the country on 158.
- Czech Police: Election slogan about "pests" and "poison" a misdemeanor, use of "riff-raff" ok
- Ten years after the Czech neo-Nazi arson attack on her Romani family, Natálka still suffers from nightmares and pain
- Czech Police charge senior citizen, a fanatical supporter of xenophobic politician, with terrorism
- Czech Police ask lower house to lift immunity on MP who called Romani genocide site a "non-existing pseudo-concentration camp"
- Czech Police must re-investigate one MP for Holocaust denial, but head of ultranationalist party will not be prosecuted
- Czech Police have yet to take statements of 10 foreign students assaulted two weeks ago in Ostrava
- Czech Foreign Minister Petříček wants a foreign policy that advocates for human rights
- Robin Stria, 7th place candidate for the Greens, Brno-střed: The biggest problem in the Czech Republic is housing
- Now that evictees are housed, Czech local government attacks NGOs and the poor
- Czech Interior Minister says MP is lying about foreign nationals voting
- Czech vigilantes file their own crime report about play in Brno
- Czech Police intervene after ultra-right attacks those opposed to neo-Nazism in Plzeň
- Czech Republic: Mayor of Brno joins march against denial of the Holocaust of the Roma
- Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response
- Czech Republic: Eyewitness video footage shows Romani man was subjected to violence before he died
- Edited CCTV footage from Czech pizzeria where Romani man died is broadcast, questions remain unanswered
- Czech-language hoaxes deceive online with footage from feature films and news reports
- Czech prosecutor appeals after court acquits online hater of saying dark-skinned first-graders should be gassed to death
- VIDEO: Attacks on Roma in Russia apparently continued with arson
- Czech town sees street fight, mayor writes about the "gypsy nuisance" - then ignores other violence involving non-Romani people
- Ukraine: Aggressive armed man from the extremist Azov Battalion disrupts human rights discussion in Kyiv
- Czech Police charge adults who assaulted Romani children with three felonies including racial defamation
- Czech city backtracks on scope of plan to house homeless, cutting the units to be offered by half
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed
- Czech Republic: Romani family harassed by xenophobic neighbors with vulgar abuse and threats
- Czech city of Brno to see counter-protests against neo-Nazis again this year
- Czech Police investigating assault on Romani children as a felony now
- Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
- VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations