Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
Today Czech Police spokesperson Miluše Zajícová informed Romea.cz that the case of an attack by an adult man and woman on several Romani minors on Sunday 7, April, has been handed over from the district police department in Lipník nad Bečvou to the Criminal Police and Detective Service (Služba kriminální policie a vyšetřování - SKPV). "Today OOP Lipník nad Bečvou handed over its file material on the entire case to the SKPV, which will conduct further investigation in this matter with a possible change to its legal categorization," she said.
A 14-year-old Romani boy ended up in hospital with a bruised back and a concussion, one girl's thoracic cavity was injured, and a 12-year-old girl ended up with a bruised spine and dislocated nose after they were assaulted by a man and a woman in a park who eyewitnesses say were shouting racist abuse. The children's parents reported the assaults to police on 7 April.
- Czech Police investigating brutal assault on Romani children as a misdemeanor for now
- Czech Republic: Several Romani minors hospitalized after adults attack them, shouting racist abuse
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Ten years after the Czech neo-Nazi arson attack on her Romani family, Natálka still suffers from nightmares and pain
- Czech MP who said she "understood" racist death threats against Romani and other non-white children switches parties
- Czech police use dehumanizing terms if incidents involve Romani people, the media parrot them - and then pogroms begin
- Czech Interior Ministry report finds far-right party was the "super spreader" of hate last year
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Czech lower house sees tussle over President's claims that "Black Lives Matter" is a "racist" slogan
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out
- Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg: Mr President, you've committed another complete faux pas
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission
- Volkswagen apologizes for racist advertisement, claiming it was "unintentional"