Czech Police send case of attack on Romani minors to Criminal Police to determine whether it was a felony
Today Czech Police spokesperson Miluše Zajícová informed Romea.cz that the case of an attack by an adult man and woman on several Romani minors on Sunday 7, April, has been handed over from the district police department in Lipník nad Bečvou to the Criminal Police and Detective Service (Služba kriminální policie a vyšetřování - SKPV). "Today OOP Lipník nad Bečvou handed over its file material on the entire case to the SKPV, which will conduct further investigation in this matter with a possible change to its legal categorization," she said.
A 14-year-old Romani boy ended up in hospital with a bruised back and a concussion, one girl's thoracic cavity was injured, and a 12-year-old girl ended up with a bruised spine and dislocated nose after they were assaulted by a man and a woman in a park who eyewitnesses say were shouting racist abuse. The children's parents reported the assaults to police on 7 April.
- Czech Police investigating brutal assault on Romani children as a misdemeanor for now
- Czech Republic: Several Romani minors hospitalized after adults attack them, shouting racist abuse
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Ten years after the Czech neo-Nazi arson attack on her Romani family, Natálka still suffers from nightmares and pain
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher
- Marian Dancso: Socially excluded children are not participating in online instruction in the Czech Republic
- Czech bodybuilder fined for approving of murder of Romani man, he appeals
- Facebook will delete posts denying or distorting the Holocaust, ignorance of it among youth one reason
- Slovak politician gets 4 months and 4 years for establishing a movement to suppress human rights, he appeals
- Portugueuse police ordered to remove racist tattoos
- Czech poll finds 30 % of the public does not want Romani children in mainstream classes and does want them to be segregated
- Czech Interior Ministry: Ultranationalist party attempted to spark anti-Romani sentiment, extremists and xenophobes spread disinformation about COVID-19
- Czech court upholds suspended sentence for man who called for non-white first-graders to be gassed to death
- Commentary: What are the Romani candidates running for the fascists in the Czech Republic thinking?
- Czech court sentences perpetrator to five years for racist assault on Romani man, both defense and prosecution considering appeal
- COMMENTARY: Romani actors should refuse to perpetuate stereotypes in Czech television programs