Czech poll finds that Drahoš has the biggest chance against Zeman in the second round
Should current Czech President Miloš Zeman make it to the second round of the presidential elections, the candidate with the biggest chance of defeating him may be the academician Jiří Drahoš. The STEM/MARK agency announced that finding yesterday, based on its polling.
Should an even bigger segment of undecided voters trend away from the incumbent in the second round, the agencies say that candidates Pavel Fischer, Marek Hilšer and Michal Horáček could defeat Zeman also. From the polling data it can be seen that if the second round will be Drahoš vs. Zeman, 42 % of voters say they will choose the incumbent and 48 % of voters say they will choose Drahoš, with 10 % currently undecided about that scenario.
If the second round will be Horáček vs. Zeman, 46 % of voters say they will choose the incumbent and 44 % say they will choose Horáček - and again, 10 % of voters say they cannot decide about that scenario yet, according to the polls. If the second round will be Fischer vs. Zeman, then according to the polls the incumbent will get 47 % of the vote and Fischer will get 39 %, with as many as 14 % of voters undecided.
If former Czech PM Topolánek were to face off against Zeman in the second round, the polls find that 56 % of voters say they would choose the incumbent and 29 % his opponent, with 15 % of voters undecided. A Hilšer vs. Zeman contest would yield 46 % for the incumbent, 41 % for his opponent and 13 % undecided.
Zeman would get 49 % of the vote whether facing off against either Jiří Hynek or Vratislav Kulhánek. Hynek would get 34 % of the vote, Kulhánek 35 %, and the remainder in either scenario are undecided.
A Hannig vs. Zeman second round would get the incumbent 51 % of the vote. In that scenario the opponent would get 28 % of the vote and roughly one-fifth of the voters polled say they are not able to decide now about such a scenario.
STEM/MARK also found that hypothetically, more than one of the eight candidates has a chance of defeating the incumbent in the second round. The agencies report that when voters were asked in more general terms about the second round, then any of the possible opponents from among the eight candidates who are not Zeman would receive 44 % of the vote while Zeman would get 39 %.
"Zeman voters are frequently older people with lower levels of education living in smaller communities. Those who would choose his hypothetical rival are more frequently younger, college-educated people from bigger cities," the agencies' press release reads.
- Which Czech presidential candidate will Romani voters choose? Apparently not Zeman
- Analysis of Czech presidential campaigns: Horáček is the most transparent, Zeman the least
- Czech presidential candidate sends convicted antisemite as his "spokesperson" to debate
- Czech presidential candidate says incumbent will be incapable of five more years in office
- Czech singer gets married on Hitler's birthday at a chateau where the SS were headquartered
- Eduard Oláh, sculptor and stonemason who designed memorial to the Romani victims of Hodonín concentration camp, has passed away
- Analysis: Publicly active Romani figures voted for Drahoš, the socially excluded voted for Zeman
- Czech President Zeman re-elected
- Czech Association of Roma Entrepreneurs and Associations endorses Drahoš, calls on Roma to turn out
- First round of Czech presidential elections saw low turnout in socially excluded localities
- Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech presidential candidate welcomes buyout of farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
- More Romani figures announce their presidential favorites - still definitely not Zeman
Tags:Prezident, Prezidentské volby, Prezidentské volby 2018, Aktuality
Residents of Czech neighborhood announce "Two Weeks of Vigilance" to protest their impending eviction16.7.2018 7:43
Czech politician spreads hateful racist hoaxes online against dark-skinned footballers, Muslims and Roma16.7.2018 6:32
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.