Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
Speaking through a video message published by the Romea.cz news server on 13 January, Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček thanked Romani voters for their support during the first round of the presidential election. He also called on them to support Jiří Drahoš in the second round of voting.
Horáček said he was offering the challenger to incumbent Czech President Zeman the billboard space that he had reserved for campaign advertising between the first and second rounds. "Dear Romani friends, I am glad that I have been able to visit you during my campaign," he said in a video message for news server Romea.cz.
"Please do not ignore the second round of voting. Mr Ing. Zeman is not a person who has your interests at heart," he warned.
"Do go to the polls and vote for his challenger, give your votes to Mr Professor Jiří Drahoš," Horáček said. "We have received so many beautiful messages from Romani people that I have really been moved."
Horáček went on to say that it is necessary to see Romani children's talents made use of and that they do not necessarily always receive a good quality education thanks to their difficult circumstances."We are wasting the talents of so many people," he said.
"This society has a big task ahead of it, to give those people a chance," he told Romea.cz. Horáček, who won more than 9 % of the vote during the first round and ended up in fourth place, also told journalists that he had given his all to his campaign and taken it seriously.
The pre-election debate among the eight challengers to Zeman, in his view, had contributed a more cultivated discussion of issues to the national conversation. "We have managed to raise new subject matter which, I hope, will remain part of Czech politics," Horáček said.
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech presidential candidate welcomes buyout of farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
- More Romani figures announce their presidential favorites - still definitely not Zeman
- Which Czech presidential candidate will Romani voters choose? Apparently not Zeman
- Prague Forum for Romani Histories launches Czech website, panel on Holocaust research MONDAY
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- Hungary: Open Society Foundation closing in Budapest due to Government persecution
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- U.S. diplomats discuss situation of Romani people in Europe during Czech visit
- OPEN CALL for 5th CoE Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Civil Society next month - DEADLINE 27 MAY to apply
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- Jana Balážová: Not acceptable for teachers to see Romani children as a burden
- Czech educators told Romani child she was "slow" - in the UK she's on her second college degree and working as a dental nurse
- BBC Three Documentary Exposes Human Rights Abuses In Hungary’s State-Care Homes
- Traffickers in poverty in the Czech Republic have a new trick for not losing their profitable business model
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
Tags:Prezident, Prezidentské volby, Prezidentské volby 2018, Roma
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.