Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček on International Romani Day: Believe in yourselves, go for your dreams
On the occasion of International Romani Day, Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček has sent Romani a video message online. "I would like to send this message to Romani people on their 8 April holiday: Be happy in this world and believe in yourselves."
"Each and every one of us has a talent," the candidate said. "Absolutely each of us. Go for your dreams. You will certainly fulfill at least some of them."
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- Czech presidential candidate said three years ago that Roma justifiably feel surrounded by barriers
- Czech candidate for 2018 presidential run says social exclusion is a topic of his campaign
- How were Romani members of the Czechoslovak Legionnaires rewarded for their service?
- Commentary: You can't defeat hate with more of the same
- Yet another Czech town bans housing benefits, opposition politician and Romani NGO object
- Czech court finds author of death threats against human rights defenders committed a politically-motivated hate crime
- Commentary: Czech President Zeman's racism and Romani people
- Interview with Czech and European kickbox champion from the Romani community, Václav Sivák
- Italian Deputy Prime Minister says EU Justice Commissioner's critique of Italy's treatment of Roma is "nonsense"
- Italian Deputy PM Salvini is behaving like a neo-Fascist, former Italian Labor Minister says
- Czech organization remembers the Nazi genocide and aids its Romani victims
- Portugal: Christian radio station awarded prize for working to reduce inter-ethnic tension in Slovakia
- Slovakia: Two-day meeting of V4 presidents was to cover Romani community issues, among other matters
- Czech elections: 13 Romani local assembly members, no Romani senators