Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček on International Romani Day: Believe in yourselves, go for your dreams
On the occasion of International Romani Day, Czech presidential candidate Michal Horáček has sent Romani a video message online. "I would like to send this message to Romani people on their 8 April holiday: Be happy in this world and believe in yourselves."
"Each and every one of us has a talent," the candidate said. "Absolutely each of us. Go for your dreams. You will certainly fulfill at least some of them."
- VIDEO: Discussion of International Romani Day at the European Parliament
- News server Romea.cz to broadcast LIVE ONLINE from Prague celebrations of International Romani Day
- Czech Television broadcasts documentary films for International Romani Day, producer reveals his Romani roots
- American and Canadian embassies in Prague display Romani flag for International Romani Day
- Czech presidential candidate said three years ago that Roma justifiably feel surrounded by barriers
- Czech candidate for 2018 presidential run says social exclusion is a topic of his campaign
- Czech President Havel protested against the wall separating non-Roma from Roma on Matiční Street 20 years ago
- Pavel Botoš: Who will stop the use of terms like "cigoši" in the Czech Republic?
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- Czech Govt report on the state of the Romani minority estimates 830 ghettos with 127 000 inhabitants in the regions
- Spanish MP of Romani origin calls on OSCE to focus on greater participation of Roma in politics
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige
- Jozef Miker: Those who care about the homeless in the Czech Republic are bringing them food for free
- EP's committee on social issues to be led by Slovak MEP Ďuriš Nicholsonová, Czech MEP Zdechovský is a vice-chair
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires