Czech Republic's Sparta Prague football ultras shout racist insults and throw beer cups at Black Monaco player
Yesterday's football match of the third preliminary Champions League round between Monaco and Sparta Prague in the Czech capital was marked by racist insults cooked up and delivered by Sparta Prague ultras. In addition to racist insults, plastic beer cups rained down on Monaco midfielder Aurélien Tchouaméni after he scored a goal.
The homegrown hooligans roared racist insults at other Monaco players during the match. David Lafata, an announcer who used to be captain of Sparta Prague, did his best to calm the turbulent atmosphere.
"We won, but the main thing for me is what happened after our first goal. We're all sad and disappointed that this is happening in the 21st century on the football pitch. I really would like this to stop, because we are all equals. Football should be about building bridges. We are proud of our players, because we reacted to the provocation correctly. Some of them were very upset, but we came here to play football," Niko Kovač, the trainer for Monaco, told news server isport.cz after the match.
The entire matter could be taken up by the commission on discipline of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) as far as the individual hooligans are concerned. After the match, the Monaco players did not avail themselves of the opportunity to express their gratitude to those who attended the match, as is traditional.
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: Investigate police response in Sokolov - it was inadequate and undermines trust in the police
- The confirmation that Slavia Prague hooligans with violent pasts were among those attacking Roma in the Czech town of Sokolov? Selfies.
- Polish football hooligans allegedly physically assault Romani man in Přerov, Czech Republic for objecting to their racist comments
- Several dozen Romani people protest in Sokolov, Czech Republic over the attack by football hooligans on local Roma
- Czech Police director of the Karlovy Vary Region: Internal Affairs Department investigating video of intervention by police in Sokolov
- Out-of-town youth assault Romani child and then other Roma in Sokolov - Czech Police defused the conflict and are investigating, local Roma not happy with their response
- Football hooligans and neo-Nazis blame all Roma for violent crime and march through Czech town, riot police deployed
- Czech footballer appeals UEFA ban, insists he never said anything racist
- Czech footballer Ondřej Kúdela, centre-back for Slavia Prague, accused of racism in Glasgow
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Conspiracy theorists, disinformation followers and football hooligans to protest Czech Govt COVID-19 measures tomorrow in Prague
- Czech court acquits football hooligans accused of assaulting dark-skinned man on Prague tram, prosecutor appeals
- Czech politician spreads hateful racist hoaxes online against dark-skinned footballers, Muslims and Roma
- Czech Police propose indicting football fans who assaulted African man on a Prague tram for racist reasons
- Czech football fans who assaulted African man on Prague tram have not been banned from matches
- Racially-motivated attack by football fans on African man on a tram in the Czech capital - nobody came to his aid
- Czech football club backed down to racists within its own fan base over documentary screening
- Czech football club cancels screening of documentary about Romani footballers after fans threaten violence
- Jaroslav Miko: Romani voters must cast their ballots for a democratic coalition, otherwise anti-Romani extremists may get into government
- Albanian comedy shows feature blackface, prejudice and stereotypes about Romani people
- Romani associations distance themselves from community member who apparently expressed desire to attack Czech politician
- Mayor and police in Czech town correct the record about assault incident to make clear Romani people were not involved as first alleged
- Jaroslav Miko: Czech President shows his arrogance and lack of basic social empathy on the first day of school
- Three innovations introduced to prevent hatred and racism on Instagram after UEFA's EURO 2020 championship sees spike in racist speech
- Slovak President and Plenipotentiary for Roma object to wave of hate and racism following announcement of Pope's visit to Romani neighborhood
- Czech Pirates sharply criticize bill to toughen welfare eligibility, delaying a vote
- Czech football club Sparta has identified the fans who shouted racist insults at Monaco player, filed a crime report against them and banned them from stadiums
- Woman says intercity bus driver in northern Czech town racially abused her and called for the death of all Roma before physically throwing her onto a road
- "Kamara - just a n****r" - Czech Police looking for football fans who published racist banner
- Czech court upholds conviction for making dangerous threats after neighbor threatens to kill three Romani women and their children with an ax