Czech Republic: Five physically injured after Hitler is praised in local restaurant
A physical conflict occurred between two different groups of people on the evening of Saturday, 8 October in a restaurant in the village of Chotutice near Český Brod (Kolín district). According to eyewitnesses, the conflict happened after a local customer declared he was sorry that Adolf Hitler hadn't managed to fully implement his "solution" for the "Romani question".
Zdeněk Chalupa, spokesperson for the Regional Police, confirmed to news server iDNES.cz that "On Saturday at 20:20 we received a report of an incident that happened in the village of Chotutice in the Kolín district. The incident culminated in a physical assault during which several people suffered injuries. Currently we are documenting and investigating the entire incident."
"As some of those involved in the incident were driving away, one of them stuck his hand out of the vehicle and fired a weapon in the air," the police spokesperson told iDNES.cz. He said the weapon was a gas pistol and that the shot was intended as a warning.
Nobody was struck by the gunshot. "Those involved face prosecution, probably the charges will be felony assault or disorderly conduct," Chalupa said.
- Germany: Two bombs exploded in Dresden, one in front of a mosque, no physical injuries
- Russia: Massacre of Romani people in the Urals, two dead, six injured, media reporting is biased
- German Police say Munich shooter was an ultra-right supporter proud of sharing a birthdate with Hitler
- Admirer of Hitler and MPs who insult refugees now on Slovak legislature's Human Rights and Minorities Committee
- Austria still trying to decide what to do with Hitler's birthplace
- Czech court rules publication of Hitler's speeches was legal
- Czech court acquits editor, publisher of Hitler's speeches of approving genocide
- Switzerland: Hitler salute in public not always a crime
- Slovakia: Rapper Rytmus condemns TV moderator - "Hitler would be proud of her"
- France: Neo-Nazis from around Europe celebrate Hitler's birthday
- French MP avoids jail after saying Adolf Hitler "maybe didn't kill enough" Roma gypsies
- Czech senior citizen threatens arson against Romani neighbors for playing loud music
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Czech MP says his assistant's remark that refugees could be killed with machine guns does not bother him
- Czech court to try Islamophobes who attacked Muslim couple in a park last year
- French lawmaker, victimized herself by online hate, drafts law against it
- USA: Neo-Nazi gets life in prison for the Charlottesville massacre
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- Czech Police investigating hateful online comments inciting violence against Czech Radio reporter that were sparked by politician
- UK court sentences neo-Nazis for threats against Prince Harry because of his marriage to Meghan Markle
- Czech politician appeals sentence for his hateful remarks about minorities
- Czech prosecutor appeals after court acquits online hater of saying dark-skinned first-graders should be gassed to death
- Czech restaurant chain apologizes to Romani musician for refusal of service