Czech Republic: Five physically injured after Hitler is praised in local restaurant
A physical conflict occurred between two different groups of people on the evening of Saturday, 8 October in a restaurant in the village of Chotutice near Český Brod (Kolín district). According to eyewitnesses, the conflict happened after a local customer declared he was sorry that Adolf Hitler hadn't managed to fully implement his "solution" for the "Romani question".
Zdeněk Chalupa, spokesperson for the Regional Police, confirmed to news server iDNES.cz that "On Saturday at 20:20 we received a report of an incident that happened in the village of Chotutice in the Kolín district. The incident culminated in a physical assault during which several people suffered injuries. Currently we are documenting and investigating the entire incident."
"As some of those involved in the incident were driving away, one of them stuck his hand out of the vehicle and fired a weapon in the air," the police spokesperson told iDNES.cz. He said the weapon was a gas pistol and that the shot was intended as a warning.
Nobody was struck by the gunshot. "Those involved face prosecution, probably the charges will be felony assault or disorderly conduct," Chalupa said.
- Germany: Two bombs exploded in Dresden, one in front of a mosque, no physical injuries
- Russia: Massacre of Romani people in the Urals, two dead, six injured, media reporting is biased
- German Police say Munich shooter was an ultra-right supporter proud of sharing a birthdate with Hitler
- Admirer of Hitler and MPs who insult refugees now on Slovak legislature's Human Rights and Minorities Committee
- Austria still trying to decide what to do with Hitler's birthplace
- Czech court rules publication of Hitler's speeches was legal
- Czech MP who compared Muslim immigrants to "invasive species" will not be stripped of immunity from prosecution
- As US protests continue against police murder, ROMEA recalls 2016 case of Romani man who died in police custody under circumstances like George Floyd
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Czech court returns to case of hateful online comments about non-"white" first-graders, but witnesses fail to appear
- Ukraine: Racists attack Romani family of four, setting fire to their home and threatening a pregnant woman with rape
- Patrik Banga: Police officer who beat Romani children in Slovakia must be fired, he relied on "cigoši" not complaining
- Slovak President asks for explanation of incident in which police officer brutalized young children in Romani settlement
- Romani Union of Slovakia: Police brutality against children must be investigated by independent commission, the ministry could be biased
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for Romani Communities says she belives police brutality incident will be properly investigated, officer has been transferred
- Slovak police officer said to have beaten five Romani children in Krompachy settlement and threatened to shoot them
- Romani woman with Harvard PhD calls Czech racist landlord over his antigypsyist advertisement
- Czech ultra-nationalist MP could evade prosecution for calling immigrant Muslims an "invasive species"