Czech Republic: Five physically injured after Hitler is praised in local restaurant
A physical conflict occurred between two different groups of people on the evening of Saturday, 8 October in a restaurant in the village of Chotutice near Český Brod (Kolín district). According to eyewitnesses, the conflict happened after a local customer declared he was sorry that Adolf Hitler hadn't managed to fully implement his "solution" for the "Romani question".
Zdeněk Chalupa, spokesperson for the Regional Police, confirmed to news server iDNES.cz that "On Saturday at 20:20 we received a report of an incident that happened in the village of Chotutice in the Kolín district. The incident culminated in a physical assault during which several people suffered injuries. Currently we are documenting and investigating the entire incident."
"As some of those involved in the incident were driving away, one of them stuck his hand out of the vehicle and fired a weapon in the air," the police spokesperson told iDNES.cz. He said the weapon was a gas pistol and that the shot was intended as a warning.
Nobody was struck by the gunshot. "Those involved face prosecution, probably the charges will be felony assault or disorderly conduct," Chalupa said.
- Germany: Two bombs exploded in Dresden, one in front of a mosque, no physical injuries
- Russia: Massacre of Romani people in the Urals, two dead, six injured, media reporting is biased
- German Police say Munich shooter was an ultra-right supporter proud of sharing a birthdate with Hitler
- Admirer of Hitler and MPs who insult refugees now on Slovak legislature's Human Rights and Minorities Committee
- Austria still trying to decide what to do with Hitler's birthplace
- Czech MP who said she "understood" racist death threats against Romani and other non-white children switches parties
- Czech local politicians hold stormy meeting with non-Romani and Romani residents where long-refuted antigypsyist hoaxes and stereotypes resurface
- Czech police use dehumanizing terms if incidents involve Romani people, the media parrot them - and then pogroms begin
- Czech Interior Ministry report finds far-right party was the "super spreader" of hate last year
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Czech lower house sees tussle over President's claims that "Black Lives Matter" is a "racist" slogan
- Czech Internet users fall for ultra-right disinformation parody - and instead of laughing, they lash out
- Czech MP Karel Schwarzenberg: Mr President, you've committed another complete faux pas
- Czech President Zeman marks US Independence Day by calling Black Lives Matter "racist"
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- Czech football hooligans' racism against black player to be addressed by disciplinary commission