Czech Republic: Get involved in international survey about street harassment!
The website www.ihollaback.com, in collaboration with Cornell University, is currently undertaking a comprehensive international survey on street harassment. You, too, can contribute.
The survey is facilitating an unprecedented collection and analysis of data on street harassment, including specific data from the Czech Republic. "We know that it can be hard to talk about experiences with street harassment, but in order for change to occur, we need information from you. We have done our best to make this survey as open as possible. Whether you are gay or lesbian, a Romani man or a Romani woman, we invite you to contribute your experience from the Czech Republic," reads the website of the survey organizers.
Respondents are asked to disseminate this survey through social networking sites and to their family and friends. Should you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Petition seeking first reading for bill to compensate forcibly sterilized women delivered to Czech lower house
- More than 60 % of Czechs active online believe Romani people are favored over non-Roma in the Czech Republic
- Czech primary school materials feature a total of 71 sentences about Roma - and they promote stereotypes
- Czech school claims it's "random" that white children are segregated from Romani children in separate first-grade class
- Czech Republic sees many events commemorating the 1968 occupation of Czechoslovakia - Romani man was among those killed, other Roma joined the protests
- Czech President to decide whether Romani musician to receive state honors as Senate proposes
- Best Reality, Stars reality corporation s.r.o., DůmRealit.cz, Broker´s Team, CENTURY 21 Finem caught on tape rejecting Roma tenants in Czech Republic, only CENTURY 21 apologizes
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"