Czech Republic: Lety pig farm remembered at entrance to Terezín
The Konexe association has once again called attention to the topic of the Romani Holocaust and the scandal of the pig farm at Lety by Písek within the framework of the commemoration in honor of Holocaust victims at Terezín. Miroslav Brož of the association explained his reasons for holding the event to news server Romea.cz last week as follows: "Not just the commemorative ceremony at Terezín, but the entire atmosphere around it does not assure us that the Romani people who were murdered will also be remembered in a dignified way. For example, Czech Television is preparing to broadcast a whole slate of films and other programs to mark the anniversary, including programs about the Czech resistance and about Jewish people, but not one program is about Romani people."
Approximately 20 activists unrolled banners at Terezín reading "Tear Down the Pig Farm at the Roma Concentration Camp Site at Lety" in both Czech and English. They then walked to the cross at the cemetery in the Small Fortress, lit candles and prayed.
The official commemoration at Terezín today is part of a two-day event marking the Holocaust and the anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp 70 years ago. Yesterday a discussion forum was held at Prague Castle where intellectuals and politicians spoke, among other things, about the role of the media in generating opinions about extremism and about measures to take against intolerance.
The two-day forum, called "Let My People Live!", is convened by the European Jewish Congress. Today its program began with a speech by Czech President Miloš Zeman.
- Czech Holocaust commemoration will appeal against anti-Semitism and extremism - Romani victims forgotten?
- Czech Republic: Museum of Romani Culture marks Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Czech Republic: Director of Terezín memorial against NGO honoring Romani victims separately
- Czech Republic: Demonstration at Terezín will demand Romani victims of Holocaust be honored
- VIDEO: Chair of Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic on the archaeological findings there
- Czech national holiday to see protests against President's remarks about Roma and other minorities
- Students in Slovak town object to protest seeking to exploit still-unclarified tragedy
- Roma Pride Manifesto 2018
- VIDEO: Roma Pride 2018 in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 14:15 TODAY - Roma Pride 2018
- Roma Pride march on 100th anniversary of the founding of Czechoslovakia will object to President's antigypsyism
- Holocaust memorial in Czech town will bloom with yellow crocuses in the spring
- Germany: More than 200 000 people protest discrimination, neo-Nazism and racism
- Local Prague candidate seems to have given Nazi salute at demonstration, extremist party she is running for disavows her
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 16:00 in Prague: RomanoNet protests discrimination and racism against Roma in Europe, publishes manifesto Dost! Basta! Enough!
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
Tags:Demonstrace, Holocaust, Konexe, o. s., Terezín
Czech court fines seven racists for approving of the murder of a Romani man, but one is appealing - for the publicity4.11.2018 12:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.