Czech Republic: Neo-Nazis try to provoke local Roma in Přerov during 1 May protest
An assembly and march by about 30 neo-Nazis from the National Regeneration (Národní obroda - NO) group took place yesterday in Přerov. The leader of the NO, Pavel Matějný, gave a speech very similar to those he has given to previous such assemblies.
Matějný's speech attacked domestic nonprofit organizations such as Konexe and ROMEA, the European Union, NATO, and refugee reception. When the speeches were over, the march left the square and marched past the bus and train station.
Riot police guarded the area around the station. A police monitoring vehicle also followed the march the entire time.
The neo-Nazis attempted to provoke local Romani residents by marching directly past their homes. Local Romani crime prevention assistants contributed to making sure there were no conflicts.
"The guys have been here since 9 AM and have gradually been visiting families to warn them this march will be going past their homes. They have done their best to make sure no conflicts happen," Pavel Grim, who works as a mentor for the crime prevention assistants with the Municipal Police there, told news server Denik.cz.
"We have previously monitored the activities of this convener and we anticipated a low turnout. Our security measures were set up according to that. The riot officers were just here as backup, the situation outside was monitored by uniformed officers and members of the anti-conflict team," Michaela Sedláčková, the Contact Officer for National Minorities at the Regional Police Directorate in Olomouc, told news server Denik.cz.
- "Czech Lions" experience yet another debacle - march in Přerov cancelled for lack of interest
- Czech Republic: Ultra-right plans march through Přerov on 1 May
- Czech MEP Březina supports Romani residents in Přerov gathering against neo-Nazi march
- Neo-Nazi march in Přerov, Czech Republic tomorrow - Romea.cz will report live on-line
- Romani people to rally on same day as right-wing radicals in Přerov, Czech Republic
- Neo-Nazis plan march "Against Racial Violence" through Přerov, Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: Racists spreading untruths online about recent brawl in Přerov
- Armed neo-Nazis attempt a pogrom on the Roma in Přerov, police arrest 30 neo-Nazis
- Czech Refugee Facilities Administration caves in to racist invective from Bílina and will not accommodate Romani refugees from Ukraine with a private property owner
- Commentary: Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner declares her strong opposition to racially-motivated differential treatment of refugees, calls for solidarity
- Brno cancels new refugee camp idea after overwhelming criticism and pressure from Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner to negotiate on the situation of Romani refugees
- Brno, Czech Republic: 50 people protest city's treatment of Romani refugees from Ukraine
- PHOTO GALLERY: Protesters create an "alley of shame" in front of Brno City Hall to protest city representatives' treatment of Romani refugees from Ukraine
- Czech Republic's second-largest city to see day of demonstrations tomorrow against treatment of Romani refugees and their children
- Czech city to raze apartment buildings where local council briefly fenced off Romani residents from view after their non-Romani neighbors complained
- Czech mayor makes openly racist statement that her town just wants "white" refugees from Ukraine, not children and women of Romani origin
- USA: Racist murderer in Buffalo, New York charged with hate crimes, faces death penalty
- Czech intelligence report on extremism mentions welfare chauvinist party as a populist, xenophobic entity once more, COVID-19 was the main focus of 2021
- Slovakia to compensate Romani victims of police brutality after nine years of judicial procedures
- Petr Torák, MBE, refused restaurant service in Czech capital because he is Romani - interview will broadcast in Czech at 20:00 CET