Czech Republic: Neo-Nazis try to provoke local Roma in Přerov during 1 May protest
An assembly and march by about 30 neo-Nazis from the National Regeneration (Národní obroda - NO) group took place yesterday in Přerov. The leader of the NO, Pavel Matějný, gave a speech very similar to those he has given to previous such assemblies.
Matějný's speech attacked domestic nonprofit organizations such as Konexe and ROMEA, the European Union, NATO, and refugee reception. When the speeches were over, the march left the square and marched past the bus and train station.
Riot police guarded the area around the station. A police monitoring vehicle also followed the march the entire time.
The neo-Nazis attempted to provoke local Romani residents by marching directly past their homes. Local Romani crime prevention assistants contributed to making sure there were no conflicts.
"The guys have been here since 9 AM and have gradually been visiting families to warn them this march will be going past their homes. They have done their best to make sure no conflicts happen," Pavel Grim, who works as a mentor for the crime prevention assistants with the Municipal Police there, told news server Denik.cz.
"We have previously monitored the activities of this convener and we anticipated a low turnout. Our security measures were set up according to that. The riot officers were just here as backup, the situation outside was monitored by uniformed officers and members of the anti-conflict team," Michaela Sedláčková, the Contact Officer for National Minorities at the Regional Police Directorate in Olomouc, told news server Denik.cz.
- Czech MEP Březina supports Romani residents in Přerov gathering against neo-Nazi march
- Neo-Nazi march in Přerov, Czech Republic tomorrow - Romea.cz will report live on-line
- Romani people to rally on same day as right-wing radicals in Přerov, Czech Republic
- Neo-Nazis plan march "Against Racial Violence" through Přerov, Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: Racists spreading untruths online about recent brawl in Přerov
- Armed neo-Nazis attempt a pogrom on the Roma in Přerov, police arrest 30 neo-Nazis
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher
- Czech protest against COVID-19 response brings together the far-right, those against the PM, those against the opposition, xenophobes - and punks
- Czechs to protest COVID-19 measures on national holiday tomorrow - including neo-Nazis reviving antisemitic tropes
- Czech and Slovak-language disinformation about COVID-19: Lies about testing, facemasks and Bill Gates
- Slovak fascist politician claimed COVID-19 didn't exist. Now he has it.
- Ten years on from neo-Nazi arson conviction, Czech attorney warns it could happen again
- Czech bodybuilder fined for approving of murder of Romani man, he appeals
- Czech riot police intervene against violent anti-COVID measure demonstrators
- Conspiracy theorists, disinformation followers and football hooligans to protest Czech Govt COVID-19 measures tomorrow in Prague
- Slovak media and NGOs welcome conviction of right-wing extremist
- Facebook will delete posts denying or distorting the Holocaust, ignorance of it among youth one reason
- Slovak politician gets 4 months and 4 years for establishing a movement to suppress human rights, he appeals