Czech Republic: Romafuturismo Library holds its grand opening TODAY
Today, 1 February, the grand opening of the Romafuturismo Library will take place at the tranzit office gallery and lecture space (Dittrichova 13, Prague 2). A marathon reading will begin at 7 AM and end at 7 PM of the book Narodila jsem se pod šťastnou hvězdou (A False Dawn) by the eminent Romani author Elena (Ilona) Lacková.
Every half hour a different reader from the list of invited guests, collaborators and friends of the library will read a different excerpt from the memoir. At 19:00 there will be an opening party with music by Mary C.
The library focuses on the emancipation of cultures and ethnic groups who are discriminated against. The collection of these gradually accumulated works by Romani authors has been created thanks to the initiative of Ladislava Gažiová, who has consulted the selections with activists and Romani Studies scholars.
The main interest is in collecting Romani authors from Europe, but there is a plan to collect from countries beyond Europe as well. "We would like to add books on the subject of Romani culture, emancipation and post-colonial thought applied to the issue of Roma and their situation. We perceive the library to also be a platform for gatherings about cultural and political subjects, presentations by authors and Romani figures, etc. The main aim of the library is to involve Romani communities, who should become the main actors in these discussions," organizers said.
- Czech Republic: Romani people discuss whether the approach of Afrofuturism could empower them
- Czech Republic: Romanes-language literary contest celebrates its 20th year
- The burden of identity: How to survive your Romani ethnicity
- A Roma Journey, an exciting new web exhibition from The European Library
- Hungary: József "Choli" Daróczi, translator of the New Testament into Romanes, has passed away
- Novel about the Holocaust and its Romani victims, "Jacob's Colours", now in Czech translation
- Czech Philharmonic will continue collaboration with Romani musician Ida Kelarová
- Feminist Roma theater company celebrates the abolition of Roma slavery in Romania
- USA: Pianist Tomáš Kačo performs solo at Carnegie Hall - "There is no box for this music"
- Ladislava Gažiová: Romafuturism means change, the opportunity to reject a distorted history of the Roma
- Eduard Oláh, sculptor and stonemason who designed memorial to the Romani victims of Hodonín concentration camp, has passed away
- Czech capital to see European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture presentation on support for Romani culture
- Czech Culture Minister: Buyout of pig farm was important, human dignity cannot be measured in money
- Yvetta Blanarovičová: Talent alone is not enough
- Internationally renowned Romani artist Damian Le Bas has passed away
- "A Vanished World" exhibit on Wenceslas Square in the Czech capital for the next two weeks
Tags:Culture, Knihy, Literatura, romská literatura
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.