Czech Republic: Romafuturismo Library holds its grand opening TODAY
Today, 1 February, the grand opening of the Romafuturismo Library will take place at the tranzit office gallery and lecture space (Dittrichova 13, Prague 2). A marathon reading will begin at 7 AM and end at 7 PM of the book Narodila jsem se pod šťastnou hvězdou (A False Dawn) by the eminent Romani author Elena (Ilona) Lacková.
Every half hour a different reader from the list of invited guests, collaborators and friends of the library will read a different excerpt from the memoir. At 19:00 there will be an opening party with music by Mary C.
The library focuses on the emancipation of cultures and ethnic groups who are discriminated against. The collection of these gradually accumulated works by Romani authors has been created thanks to the initiative of Ladislava Gažiová, who has consulted the selections with activists and Romani Studies scholars.
The main interest is in collecting Romani authors from Europe, but there is a plan to collect from countries beyond Europe as well. "We would like to add books on the subject of Romani culture, emancipation and post-colonial thought applied to the issue of Roma and their situation. We perceive the library to also be a platform for gatherings about cultural and political subjects, presentations by authors and Romani figures, etc. The main aim of the library is to involve Romani communities, who should become the main actors in these discussions," organizers said.
- Czech Republic: Romani people discuss whether the approach of Afrofuturism could empower them
- Czech Republic: Romanes-language literary contest celebrates its 20th year
- The burden of identity: How to survive your Romani ethnicity
- A Roma Journey, an exciting new web exhibition from The European Library
- EU Justice Commissioner kicks up her heels in Brussels after Romani theater performance from the Czech Republic
- Sweden: Pippi Longstocking gets a rewrite, this time as a Romani girl
- Czech capital to see seminar on stereotypes in the photographic depictions of Jewish and Romani people
- Europe's Romani community asked to nominate films for AKE DIKHEA? festival, DEADLINE 15 OCTOBER
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Czech play focuses on hateful commentaries posted to Internet discussions - #nejsemrasista_ale
- Hungary: József "Choli" Daróczi, translator of the New Testament into Romanes, has passed away
- Novel about the Holocaust and its Romani victims, "Jacob's Colours", now in Czech translation
- Czech Philharmonic will continue collaboration with Romani musician Ida Kelarová
- Feminist Roma theater company celebrates the abolition of Roma slavery in Romania
- USA: Pianist Tomáš Kačo performs solo at Carnegie Hall - "There is no box for this music"
- Ladislava Gažiová: Romafuturism means change, the opportunity to reject a distorted history of the Roma
Tags:Culture, Knihy, Literatura, romská literatura
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.