Czech Republic: Romani journalists in training visited excluded localities
One component of the ROMEA organization's "Media Training for Future Romani Journalists" project last year was a three-day trip into the field. Thanks to our collaboration with the organization Český západ, the trainees had the opportunity to visit several socially excluded localities around Teplá and Toužim.
While accumulating information for the articles they then wrote about the broadest possible range of subjects, the trainees also had the opportunity to rehearse fundamental skills required to be television news reporters, as you can see in the video above. At the end of the year, some trainees were chosen for internships at Czech Radio, news server iDNES.cz and news server Romea.cz.
- Interview with Slovak journalist Rudolf Sivý: "Extremist" is not the four-letter word it once was
- Czech Republic: 1 May assemblies against refugee reception and against xenophobia, right-wing extremists verbally assault journalists
- ROMEA: The media need more Romani journalists
- Czech Education Minister's new press spokesperson to be Romani journalist Jarmila Balážová
- Hungarian Police beat up international journalists during use of force against refugees
- Danish journalist interviewed by Czech weekly about "the freedom to disseminate hatred"
- Czech Republic: Romani journalist starts media "incubator"
- Czech TV journalist Richard Samko on the "Romani star" scandal
- Czech journalists criticize paper for article about Romani actress's alleged debts
- Ukraine: New Year's Day saw thousands of extremists marching, journalists attacked
- Czech Republic: Roma Spirit award given to the Slovo 21 NGO, the town of Žlutice, and journalist Iveta Demeterová
- Slovakia: Romani journalist accuses those involved in the Romani issue of careerism
- Czech journalist Michal Komárek and ROMEA win Vodafone Foundation grant
- Come help us with Romea.cz! ROMEA seeks journalists
- Controversial journalist known for her anti-refugee and anti-Romani slant will not head Czech Radio's news division
- Czech editor responsible for anti-Romani, anti-refugee news reporting at TV Prima to lead public broadcaster Czech Radio's news division
- EXCLUSIVE: Hradec Králové, Czech Republic, is on edge. Romani youth was assaulted and his jaw broken, but police dissuaded him from filing a crime report
- "Your father is in the COVID-19 wing". A true story.
- Romani Experts Discussed Hate Speech and Antigypsyism in the Media
- Jan Dužda: Vaccination is the most effective weapon against COVID-19, Czech authorities need to campaign about its effects and importance
- COMMENTARY: Czech TV show portrays Roma as nothing but criminals
- Czech Radio moderator poses for photo with right-wing extremist, but public broadcaster says the rules were not broken
- Czech police use dehumanizing terms if incidents involve Romani people, the media parrot them - and then pogroms begin
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Commentary: CNN Prima begins its Czech-language broadcasting with stereotypes about Romani people
- Czech journalists find the man behind the Aeronet disinformation server