Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
During the fifth BARUVAS meeting at the end of March in Týnec nad Sázavou, Czech Republic, 22 students in different areas of secondary education filmed a video with a strong message. The clip was published by news server Romea.cz on the occasion of International Romani Day (8 April).
"We are Roma, we live in the Czech Republic and this is our home. We are studying, we have vision, we have aims, and we want to be successful," the Romani students say in the video.
The students were aided in their creation of the strong message by a team from the ROMEA organization and ROMEA TV together with Richard Samko, a moderator for Czech Television who collaborates with Romea.cz's editors. The BARUVAS ("We Are Growing") meetings of Romani students are implemented regularly during the course of the year by ROMEA as part of its Romani Scholarship Program.
Currently 81 students of secondary and higher technical colleges are receiving scholarships through the program. Dozens of other students are receiving tutoring, mentoring, or the opportunity to complete various courses and internships thanks to the program.
The students themselves perform volunteer activities in various facilities and organizations as part of the program. The concept behind the regular meetings of Romani students is to support selected participants with their education, self-development, and intensifying their knowledge, experience and contacts to use both in their personal and their professional lives.
- European Roma and Travellers Forum: Roma Rights at a Crossroads
- Prague celebrations of International Romani Day end today with gala
- International Romani Day celebrations begin in Czech capital with Romani tram ride - "tROMvajka"
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Czech Republic: Unique "Memory of the Roma" project keeps historical memory alive through video
- VIDEO: Czech ticket-checker assaults Romani boy, removes children from bus, police tell commuter not to film it
- VIDEO: "We don't want Fascists here" - protests against Prague meeting of xenophobic parties from around Europe
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- They didn´t believe he was a university student, but he didn´t give up. Baruvas helps young Roma grow.
- Czech Republic: The English College in Prague fundraises for Romani student scholarship
- Czech Republic: Romani high school students receive scholarships at ceremony, sponsors are convinced education is an investment
- Czech Republic's Museum of Romani Culture to educate students at memorial site of former concentration camp at Lety
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 13:00 CET: Ceremonial awarding of certificates for ROMEA's scholarship program
- Czech capital to see ceremonial induction of Romani students into ROMEA scholarship program
- Central European University offers Master's degree preparatory course for Romani college students
- Romani college prep student in Czech Republic and ROMEA scholarship recipient hopes to become a dentist someday
- Czech Republic sees 10th BARUVAS meeting of Romani students, study abroad one of the topics
- Educator Martin Kaleja: From the Romani settlements in Slovakia to the Czech academic world
- European Roma Institute for Arts and Culture offering year-long paid internship in Berlin, Germany
- Romani student at Czech college prep school learns about Romani history through BARUVAS student meetings
- Slovakia: Romani children from excluded communities sing Romani national anthem at the Presidential Palace
- VIDEO: Gala celebration of International Romani Day 2019 in Prague's Archa Theater
- VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations