Czech Republic: Street Battle Jam dance competition comes to Khamoro World Roma Festival for the first time
This year the Street Battle Jam dance competition will take place for the first time as part of the Khamoro World Roma Festival. The competition will take place on 30 May 2015 from 9:30 to 19:00 at the Vltavská metro stop in Prague.
The number of potential competitors is limited and it is necessary to register in advance. Send your registration by e-mail to SBJkhamoro@centrum.cz .
Please list your age, dance style, and hometown in your registration e-mail. Participants may also send video of their previous performances for broadcast on the YouTube channel of the Khamoro Festival - the best video will win a prize.
Khamoro is one of the most famous festivals of Romani culture in the world. It has been produced in the Czech Republic by the Slovo 21 organization since 1999.
2015 marks the 17th annual edition of the festival. Its main mission is to provide a common space for everyone irrespective of age, nationality or sex.
The rich program representing Romani culture will take place in Prague from 24 - 30 May and in Plzeň from 26 - 30 May. The Street Battle Jam competition will take place in Prague only; street dance is a style that arose during the 1980s when various dance styles were combined on the streets of cities worldwide.
- KHAMORO: Annual parade of Romani performers marches through the center of Prague
- The 14th year of the world Roma festival Khamoro is heading to the Czech capital
- Khamoro Festival of Roma culture in need of funding
- Documentary about three Roma women in politics premieres at Khamoro Festival in Prague
- 13th World Roma Festival KHAMORO opens in Prague 22 May
- The 12th year of the World The 12th year of KHAMORO in 2010!
- Romany festival Khamoro ends in Prague
- World Romany festival Khamoro opens in Prague
- Preparations of World Roma festival Khamoro are running!
- Emil Voráč: Czech Govt COVID-19 measures have not stopped our work, but the poorest are being forgotten
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Slovakia: Romani girl who ran her first race in flats now national silver medalist
- Romani competitive dancer Tomáš Kaluja aids non-Romani foster parents of Romani children in Slovakia with understanding ethnic identity
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Czech town sees its first-ever Romani music festival
- Slovakia: Romani girl from settlement now champion runner in her region
- Czech film festival visited by seven Romani children from Slovak settlements to promote "Silent Days"
- Germany: Alcohol banned at neo-Nazi festival, some locals also bought up all the beer to keep it out of neo-Nazi hands
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin to compete next week at MMA gala in Prague
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival