Czech social media influencers join national campaign promoting vaccinations against COVID-19
The campaign to support vaccinations against COVID-19 is ramping up this month in the Czech Republic. Social media influencers are joining the campaign also now that the opportunity for younger age groups to be vaccinated has opened up.
Hobby groups like hunters' unions, Junák (Scouts) and Orel (Christian sports) will be part of the campaign, as will organizations representing national minorities and religious communities. The Cesta ven (Way Out) initiative, which is creating the campaign for the state, informed the Czech News Agency of the news on 28 May.
Currently people age 30 and above are able to access the vaccine. Because the campaign needs to reach younger and younger people, its authors have agreed to collaborate with popular figures who are considered credible by different target groups.
The campaign has already been supported free of charge by moderator Libor Bouček, YouTuber Lukáš Fritscher, actor and fine artist Ester Geislerová, actor and moderator Aleš Háma, YouTuber Adam Lysek, singer Adam Mišík, actor Iva Pazderková, and the singer Victoria Velvet. As the pandemic recedes and people fear infection less, the campaign will focus more on the advantages of vaccination, i.e., on the fact that vaccinated people will not have to regularly undergo tests and that it will be significantly easier for them to travel.
The initiative has also reached out to more than 50 national minorities, religious communities, and others. The House of National Minorities is preparing translations of the campaign materials for the largest minorities in the Czech Republic.
Several interest groups will also be involved and the initiative says the Czech-Moravian Hunters' Union, Junák and Orel have already confirmed they will cooperate in the campaign. The initiative is making the background materials and concept of the campaign available free of charge to anybody interested.
The website komunikacepomaha.cz features those background materials for use. The South Moravian Region has already made use of the campaign and the authorities of Pardubice, South Bohemia and the Ústecký Region are also preparing to do so.
Businesses that have joined the campaign included Komerční banka, Mondelez and Třinecké železárny. It has been running since 12 April.
During the past month the campaign has broadcast about 700 public service announcements on the commercial television stations TV NOVA and Prima that have reached about six million people, according to the initiative. During May it also ran on the public broadcaster Czech Television, including a version for people with hearing impairment.
During April the online campaign reached 2.23 million Internet users and the print media version reached about 5.4 million people, according to the initiative. The radio section broadcast 750 public service announcements during the first two weeks and during May expanded to include public broadcaster Czech Radio and its stations.
The authors of the campaign say it doubled in strength last month. Its aim, based on the slogan "Let's Put a Full Stop to the Coronavirus" (Udělejme tečku za koronavirem) is for at least 70 % of the adult population to get vaccinated.
The Office of the Czech Government has paid CZK 4.2 million [EUR 167 000] exclusive of VAT for Cesta ven's campaign and the Czech Health Ministry is buying media slots worth up to CZK 50 million [EUR 1.96 million]. The Remmark Agency is procuring the advertising time for the ministry.
- ROMEA TV program discusses current COVID-19 disinformation and hoaxes on the Czech Internet
- Czech public health officials asking whether those testing positive for COVID-19 are Czech or Romani - but questions about nationality not being asked systematically
- "Your father is in the COVID-19 wing". A true story.
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech "Minute of Silence" will honor COVID-19 victims on Monday at noon - every 7 minutes, 5 seconds another person is dying of the virus here
- Czech nurse expresses frustration with those denying COVID-19 and spreading disinformation: People are dying of this here!
- Czech MP protesting measures to stem COVID-19 pandemic is a trafficker in poverty with a history of anti-Romani racism
- Romani youth including actor from "The Painted Bird" want to fundraise for Czech hospital treating serious COVID-19 cases
- Another Romani musician in a Czech hospital sends social media message to COVID-19 deniers: This is real and the hospitals are running out of room
- Brand-new Czech Chief Public Health Officer has a history of anti-Romani racism in her previous public communications about COVID-19
- Popular Romani singer Bertík Girga posts emotional video from Czech hospital telling people COVID-19 is real
- Petr Mati, social pedagogue, tells Czech Health Minister his communication style about COVID-19 is demotivating
- ROMEA TV interviews Czech doctor about vaccines against COVID-19 - how are they made and how do they work?
- Jan Dužda: Vaccination is the most effective weapon against COVID-19, Czech authorities need to campaign about its effects and importance
- Karel Karika: COVID-19 making life drastically worse in the socially excluded localities of the Czech Republic
- Vaccinations against COVID-19 - how is the Romani community in the Czech Republic responding?
- Romani doctor in Czech Republic will get vaccinated and is disturbed by COVID-19 disinformation
- Czech mobile vaccination teams revisit socially excluded localities where COVID-19 disinformation has had more of an impact
- Austria's Die Presse: Covert racism is why Europe's Roma are worse off after COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech mobile team has vaccinated about 100 people against COVID-19 at the Mojžíř housing estate and will visit other excluded localities
- Czech mobile vaccination teams visit excluded localities in Ostrava-Přívoz, Regional Authority working with Romani NGOs on outreach
- Slovakia: Drunken, knife-wielding man threatens to kill Romani children for being in a park and is now in custody
- Romani-inhabited housing estate Luník IX in Slovakia sees start of local vaccinations against COVID-19
- In the Czech Republic, mobile teams have begun vaccinating people against COVID-19 in socially excluded localities
- Jaroslav Miko: Vaccination doesn't just protect you, it protects us all
- Czech extremists move from inciting anti-Romani hatred to railing against "COVID terror" ahead of fall elections
- Czech appeals court exceptionally reduces sentence for social media user who approved of Christchurch massacre, notes current law is imbalanced
- Karel Karika: I've had my first jab, the vaccine is the way back to normal life
- Brooke Pavek, an American with Romani roots, has more than 700 000 social media followers