Czech sociologist: Racist online calls to gas children are unacceptable
According to sociologist Ivan Gabal it is unacceptable for Internet users to call for children to be gassed because they are of a different ethnicity, nationality or race. That is the reason he has initiated the campaign called THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL! (ONI JE DO PLYNU. MY JE DO ŠKOL!) and together with the ROMEA organization, and in collaboration with other organizations and public figures, is calling for donations in support of the Romani Scholarship Program and in support of the children at the primary school in Teplice that was recently attacked online.
"From this very country, for many decades, people were forced to flee because, among other reasons, they were threatened with being sent to the camps or gassed. They were threatened or their children were threatened. We cannot allow the repettion of calls for the gassing of children for no other reason than that they are of a different nationality, a different ethnicity, a different race," Gabal said.
"On the contrary, we must offer these children the opportunity to study here, to live in safety and to be satisfied. For that reason we have created the fundraising drive 'THEY WANT TO GAS THEM, WE WANT TO SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!' All the money you send in response to this challenge will be used by us to help children grow up here and live satisfactorily," the sociologist explained.
- Czech principal expresses gratitude for solidarity shown after online racist death threats
- Czech ombudswoman supports fundraising campaign for school whose first-graders were racially abused online
- Spiegel Online reports Czech Republic has a problem with extremism
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to father who filmed himself instructing child to beat pillow and "Imagine it's a Gypsy"
- Ultra-right marks Velvet Revolution by racially abusing Czech TV reporters, Arabs and Muslims
- "Europe: Which Children Matter?" Discussion in Ostrava on 17 November about Roma segregation in education
- ROMEA raises funds to support Czech school subjected to racist attacks online
- Czech MP and educator "understands" why some are calling for murder of first-graders
- Czech racists threaten online to kill children because they are of Arab and Romani origin
- Interview with sociologist Ivan Gabal on the human rights situation in the Czech Republic
- Volunteer civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council: ombudsman intentionally undermining the dignity of Romani people
- Czech ombudsman criticizes draft Roma Strategy, rejects idea of updating information about compensation for forced sterilizations
- Czech Pirates criticize Govt report on education of Romani children for not reflecting COVID-19 impact and lack of access to distance learning
- Czech racists hated Vodafone Christmas ad featuring non-white children, the company objects to their online comments
- Scandalous fourth acquittal by Czech court of racist football fans accused of assaulting Black man on tram
- Czech court gives suspended sentence to adults who assaulted young Romani children physically and verbally in a park last year
- German court sentences terrorist who attacked Halle synagogue last year to life in prison
- Racists in Czech capital assault non-white family, call the father "Cikán", give the Nazi salute, try to take their baby
- Older Romani woman recounts how security guards in Czech shop saved her from violent racist thug
- Bulgarian COVID-19 pandemic measures have closed Romani neighborhoods, causing job losses and food shortages
- Romani politicians: Slovak court's judgment in case of police abuse of children is unacceptable
- Slovenian scandal when weekly close to PM says God sent COVID-19 to "protect whites from corruption"