Czech tabloid will not be inviting ultra-right party representatives to its online debates
The daily Blesk tabloid has decided not to invite any politicians from the "Freedom and Direct Democracy" (SPD) party to its candidate debates prior to the autumn elections. After the 2017 elections, reporters from the publication were not given access to the party's events, so the move is one of retaliation.
"They made it clear that they do not want our readers to know how things run in that party. We are respecting that," David Vaníček, the manager of Blesk Zprávy, told Czech Television.
"They will not be a part of the election debates," Vaníček said. He also believes the hateful, racist, xenophobic statements made by some SPD members could pose a problem.
"These debates will be broadcast live. We cannot be liable for what SPD politicians might present during a live broadcast. Given that SPD politicians frequently get into trouble because of racism, xenophobia and hateful attacks, we do not want to assume that responsibility," Vaníček explained.
The manager also warned of the problems connected with the online social network communications of the SPD movement. "What's more, the SPD has long deleted any critical posts to its online social networks and has blocked those who contribute such posts from participating in their online discussions. They usually never answer any critical inquiries from the media, including the Blesk newsroom, and for that reason we have decided that we will respect that policy, which certainly will be familiar to the SPD, and not allow them onto our live broadcast," he said.
Czech MP Tomio Okamura, the chair of the SPD, said Blesk is censoring his movement. "The Blesk print daily and its online daily Blesk.cz have again decided, just like last year, to absolutely leave the SPD out of the election debates. That attitude is absolutely obvious political censorship," he said.
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner says she will criticize politicians who are racist and resign rather than be censored
- Czech Interior Ministry: SPD movement has assumed the agenda of the extreme right
- Czech Govt has yet to release report stating that the SPD party poses more of a threat than extremists do
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital
- Czech Justice Minister threatens to resign if SPD party joins the Government, calls it fascist, they plan to sue
- Czech Republic: ROMEA plans public debates about future of Roma genocide site once Museum of Romani Culture takes over
- Czech presidential candidate sends convicted antisemite as his "spokesperson" to debate
- Czech futsal club "takes a knee" against the xenophobic remarks of the SPD chair and the President
- Czech online tabloids recycling long-debunked antigypsyist hoaxes alleging Roma get free transportation, washing machines
- Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response
- Czech tabloid falls for journalists' trap, publishes absurd conspiracies and fake news without fact-checking
- Czech online media pro believes turning on critical thinking is easier than censoring the Internet
- Czech President attacks some welfare recipients, rejects immigrants, says Interior Ministry is "censoring" the Internet
- Commentary: Online social networks censor photos of Syrian war, ignore dissemination of hatred
- ROMEA to hold public debate on "Roma in the Czech Republic - obstacles, opportunities, options" TOMORROW
- Monika Mihaličková: Soske ME DŽAV?! Let's contain this political cesspool!
- Czech court hears accused assailants of African man deny they racially abused him in any way
- Racists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz
- Tomáš Ščuka: We may disagree with him, but Romani candidate for extremist party is entitled to his opinions
- Czech media, police accuse Romani family of inciting brawl with non-Roma at children's pool, Romea.cz first to report the Romani mother's testimony
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- Czech Police refute rumors that defecation in public pool was done by Roma - defamatory article sparked a racist wave online
- Eyewitnesses allege staff at Czech lake did not help Vietnamese mothers look for their children, who drowned
- Italy: Moroccan beaten to death, athlete of Nigerian origin attacked as fascists in the Govt spread racism
- LIVE BROADCAST: RomanoNet delivers protest manifesto to the Italian Embassy about Italy's racist measures against Roma
- Amateur photo contest won with images of Romani people sparks hateful reactions on Czech internet
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
Tags:Média, předvolební kampaň, Racism, Tomio Okamura
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.