Czech town sees its first-ever Romani music festival
In the Czech town of Králův Dvůr at the beginning of July the first-ever Romani music festival was held on the grounds of the chateau there. Audiences were able to enjoy both modern and traditional Romani music performed by Bengas, Lendel Band, Ernest Dančo Band, Jan Bendig and others.
Performances by Romani dance ensembles from Náhlov and Ralsko were also on the program. Moderators Michal Bažo and Roman Cina kept the show running all day.
"It was difficult to call everybody up and persuade them to support this event. It's the first Roma festival ever at the chateau in Králův Dvůr that the Romano Dživipen association has ever held," festival organizer Žaneta Červeňáková told ROMEA TV.
"We've been working on it since March," the organizer said. The event was convened by Zdeňka Grundziová's Romano Dživipen association with support from the town of Králův Dvůr.
- "Romani Army" by Berlin-based Maxim Gorki Theater Company gets standing ovation at Czech festival
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival
- LIVE BROADCAST: Opening of the 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO in Prague
- 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO begins tomorrow - ROMEA TV to broadcast several live performances
- Prague LGBT Pride festival is underway, Roma organizing Hot Chocolate stage at the post-parade party
- 19th annual KHAMORO festival in Prague: Conferences, exhibitions, football - and music
- Prague 14 to begin April with the Cultural Encounters festival (Setkání kultur)
- Romani kickboxer wins quarter-final of cage match on Czech-Slovak OKTAGON MMA show, withdraws after injury
- Romani parody of "telenovelas" breaking viewership records on Czech Internet, picked up by cable TV
- "Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Romani competitive dancer Tomáš Kaluja aids non-Romani foster parents of Romani children in Slovakia with understanding ethnic identity
- Czech Republic: Charles University's Romani Studies Seminar accepting applications
- Academic Huub van Baar has found Romani people succeed on the labor market when given a chance
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Norway: Oslo City Council wants to ask Government for a memorial to Holocaust victims of Romani origin
- Scholars gather in Czech capital to discuss migrations and mobilities of Romani people
- Czech senior citizen threatens arson against Romani neighbors for playing loud music
- Czech film festival visited by seven Romani children from Slovak settlements to promote "Silent Days"