Czech ultra-right oppose vaccinations against COVID-19 with antisemitic caricature
News server Forum24.cz reports that the youth organization of the ultra-right Workers Social Justice Party (DSSS) has tweeted an antisemitic caricature as part of its effort to deter people from undegoing vaccination against COVID-19. "We will not allow ourselves to be vaccinated against COVID-19! Those globalizing bastards can blackmail us all they like!" the group has tweeted along with an image that is unequivocally an anti-Jewish caricature.
The group has previously released posters exploiting graphic design elements of Nazi propaganda. For example, on their Facebook page, beneath the message "The world is still in order in our group. Join us!" (posted 12 June 2020) they use the image of a young man in a black t-shirt that is copied from a 1936 Nazi poster.
Other promotional items for the group feature a blonde girl with braids reminiscent of the blonde girls in Nazi propaganda posters; the "Workers Youth" (DM) is a society of people between the ages of 15 and 35 who are sympathizers of the DSSS or directly contribute to party activity. The party and the youth organization share the same registered address.
The Czech Interior Ministry categorizes the DSSS among the extreme right parties in the country. The predecessor to the DSSS, the "Workers' Party" (DS) was registered in 2003.
In 2010 the Czech Supreme Administrative Court agreed with a Government motion to dissolve the DS. The court found the party to be continuing the national socialism of Adolf Hitler through its use of racist subtext and xenophobic elements.
DS representatives then registered the DSSS party. Paradoxically, it is exactly the DSSS, categorized as extremist by the Interior Ministry under the leadership of Jan Hamáček, chair of the Czech Social Democratic Party (ČSSD), that is in government at the local level in the town of Duchcov along with the ČSSD, the Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia, and the "We Live in Duchov" movement.
- Racists in Czech capital assault non-white family, call the father "Cikán", give the Nazi salute, try to take their baby
- Older Romani woman recounts how security guards in Czech shop saved her from violent racist thug
- German Government Commissioner on Antisemitism: COVID-19 denial now a pretext for Holocaust revisionism
- Czech Health Ministry to refute disinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic next year
- Commentary: Senator infamous for antigypsyist remarks about the "cikánská question" joins regional party in the Czech Republic
- Commentary: Czech Social Democrats sink to the level of ultra-nationalists with proposal to cut funding to NGOs working with minorities
- Czechs to protest COVID-19 measures on national holiday tomorrow - including neo-Nazis reviving antisemitic tropes
- Commentary: Work on antisemitism by US professor reminds us of antigypsyism in the Czech Republic today
- Antigypsyism and antisemitism rooted in European culture for centuries, experts discuss the causes of online hate
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- MEPs condemn rise of antisemitism in Europe, Czech MEP defends Hungary, blames migration
- Czech Police investigate distribution of antisemitic book after media reports
- Germany: Neo-Nazi kills two people near synagogue and kebab place, motivated by antisemitism and right-wing extremism
- Czech Federation of Jewish Communities logged 347 antisemitic incidents last year, police addressed 15
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed
- Czech Police say most hate crimes last year were against Roma, number of antisemitic attacks declined
- France demonstrates against antisemitism after vandal destroys dozens of Jewish gravesites
- EU: Half of the population perceives antisemitism as a problem
- Romani Rose: Society must condemn antigypsyism just as it condemns antisemitism
- Czech presidential candidate sends convicted antisemite as his "spokesperson" to debate
- Provocateur calls sale of former Roma genocide site to the Czech state a form of "antisemitism", Jewish community disagrees
- Czech Police investigating anonymous antisemitic letter in Prostějov
- Breivik tells Norwegian court he is a neo-Nazi, gives the Nazi salute, promotes "White" supremacy in his appeal for early release
- COVID-19 impacts impoverish most of humanity while the assets of the ultra-rich expand
- It took the Nazis 90 minutes to approve the "Final Solution", but after the war almost none could remember the Wannsee Conference
- Coffin of Italian neo-Fascist is draped with the Nazi flag, causing a scandal
- American neo-Nazi gets seven years in prison for threatening activists and journalists
- Former Czech MP faces prosecution for his remarks about a "pseudo-concentration camp" for Romani people at Lety
- Czech court convicts CEO and publisher of Holocaust denial, fines both, appeals may be filed
- Czech biologist says COVID-19 Omicron variant has no problem defeating our immunity
- Community spread of Omicron reported from socially excluded locality in the Czech Republic
- Czech martial arts organization Oktagon MMA bans contestant because of Hitler tattoo
- Their mother almost died of COVID-19, but brothers in Czech Republic believe they have since convinced hundreds in their family to get vaccinated
- Court in the Netherlands orders far-right politician to delete tweets comparing those avoiding the COVID-19 vaccine to Jews during the Holocaust