"Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
The Amaria association and the "Czechs Are Helping" (Češi pomáhají) iniciative will hold a benefit evening of Romani music on Saturday, 20 June at 17:00 in Tábor. Proceeds from the event will aid children living refugee camps in Greece.
"We would like to very much thank the bands Bengas and Edit Bend who will be coming to perform for free and who are significantly supporting the entire idea by doing so. The Romale and the rest of you are all sincerely invited. Let's have a good time while raising aid for children at risk, for those who are not experiencing a joyful time in the refugee camps," Jaroslav Miko of the "Czechs Are Helping" initiative told news server Romea.cz.
The entire evening, according to Miko, will be filmed and released as a significant feature film in which "it will be possible to present the fact that the Romani heart has enough room for all the children in the world." Tickets will cost CZK 150 [EUR 5.55].
Children age 12 and under will be allowed to attend for free. Organizers are putting together transportation pickups from Prague and from Vlašim; for further information, call 773 102 076.
- Czech expatriate Romani community in the UK targeted by social media hoaxes to create demand to leave because of COVID-19
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Greece approves crisis fund for Romani settlements during COVID-19
- Czech lower house will not discuss accepting unaccompanied minor refugees - ANO, Communists, SocDems and ultra-nationalists opposed it
- "Czechs Are Helping" Initiative says number of families willing to house children from Greek refugee camps is rising, Interior Minister unmoved
- Austria, Germany on track to employ half of the refugees who arrived during the migration crisis four years ago
- Greece: Man shoots dead 13-year-old Romani girl, allegedly over argument with her father
- Germany is coping - three years after the immigration wave, 25 % of refugees have jobs
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Greece: Criminal Investigation into Attacks on Romani Community in Menidi Begins
- Greece: Non-Romani residents attack Romani ones after Romani man accused in shooting death
- Greek court acquits Golden Dawn MP of assaulting female politicians
- Greek Parliament to convene with Golden Dawn MPs in handcuffs
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Romani fashion designer Pavel Berky joins the top 16 round of the Czech edition of the MasterChef competition
- Czech PM will not personally fund Syrian orphanage, claims he is donating to existing ones instead
- Italian court upholds acquittal and exoneration of captain who rescued migrants
- Petr Kotlár: Filming with Václav Marhoul was a colossal experience
- Czech Republic: Charles University's Romani Studies Seminar accepting applications
- LIVE BROADCAST: Gala awards ceremony Tajsa 2019 for Roma in the arts and culture