"Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
The Amaria association and the "Czechs Are Helping" (Češi pomáhají) iniciative will hold a benefit evening of Romani music on Saturday, 20 June at 17:00 in Tábor. Proceeds from the event will aid children living refugee camps in Greece.
"We would like to very much thank the bands Bengas and Edit Bend who will be coming to perform for free and who are significantly supporting the entire idea by doing so. The Romale and the rest of you are all sincerely invited. Let's have a good time while raising aid for children at risk, for those who are not experiencing a joyful time in the refugee camps," Jaroslav Miko of the "Czechs Are Helping" initiative told news server Romea.cz.
The entire evening, according to Miko, will be filmed and released as a significant feature film in which "it will be possible to present the fact that the Romani heart has enough room for all the children in the world." Tickets will cost CZK 150 [EUR 5.55].
Children age 12 and under will be allowed to attend for free. Organizers are putting together transportation pickups from Prague and from Vlašim; for further information, call 773 102 076.
- Czech expatriate Romani community in the UK targeted by social media hoaxes to create demand to leave because of COVID-19
- Czech MEPs welcome European Commission lawsuit against Austria over different allowances for non-expatriate children of EU workers
- Celebrity rejected by Czech real estate agency because of Romani surname: "It was a shock"
- Greece approves crisis fund for Romani settlements during COVID-19
- Czech lower house will not discuss accepting unaccompanied minor refugees - ANO, Communists, SocDems and ultra-nationalists opposed it
- "Czechs Are Helping" Initiative says number of families willing to house children from Greek refugee camps is rising, Interior Minister unmoved
- Austria, Germany on track to employ half of the refugees who arrived during the migration crisis four years ago
- Greece: Man shoots dead 13-year-old Romani girl, allegedly over argument with her father
- Germany is coping - three years after the immigration wave, 25 % of refugees have jobs
- Greek court sentences woman who kicked Romani girl on the street to three months in prison
- Greece: Criminal Investigation into Attacks on Romani Community in Menidi Begins
- Greece: Non-Romani residents attack Romani ones after Romani man accused in shooting death
- Greek court acquits Golden Dawn MP of assaulting female politicians
- Greek Parliament to convene with Golden Dawn MPs in handcuffs
- Czech capital to see announcement of awards for children's Romanes-language literature, video and visual art today - Romano suno 2021
- Romani artist from Serbia portrays death of Stanislav Tomáš, exhibition in Prague closes 9 December
- Czech popular music awards show returns, Romani singer Monika Bagárová schools racist rapper on live television
- Polish Defense Ministry: Belarus has been holding up to 300 migrants on the border and forcing them to attack Polish soldiers
- Belarusian totalitarian regime continues to exploit defenseless refugees in its anti-EU hybrid war, bringing 500 to Lithuanian border
- Belarusian military push refugees, including children, into Poland, Polish military sprays them with tear gas
- Belarusian-Polish border is now a death zone where refugees including young children are dying of cold, hunger and thirst
- "How I Became a Partisan": Vera Lacková's documentary about Romani partisans screened at Czech film festival
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia