Deputy Mayor of Prague proposes Romani celebrity receive award from the Czech capital for his brave stance against hate music
Deputy Mayor of Prague Petra Kolínská (Green Party) proposed on Tuesday that the Romani singer Radek Banga be given the Award of the Capital City of Prague for his many years of activity aiming to prevent risky behavior in youth and for his open stance against hate music. "The atmosphere in society has become tense recently, the language of hatred is beginning to become more and more the norm, even outside of online social networks," she posted to her Facebook profile.
"The musician Radek Banga is doing his best to combat this, and not only through his art. For many years he has contributed to the project called 'You Can Do It if You Want' which focuses on preventing risky behavior among youth, and he collaborates on many charity events. For his brave performance against hateful music he is facing intimidation and threats today. For that reason and many others I have proposed today that the Award of the Capital City of Prague be bestowed upon him. I am convinced that he deserves this today as few others do," Kolínská said.
- Romani celebrity faces racist comments, death threats from fans of xenophobic band Ortel
- Romani celebrity walks out in protest after neo-Nazi singer and his band win second place in Czech music awards
- Czech xenophobic band Ortel nominated by public again for music award
- Czech MP publishes long-refuted fake video purporting to show "refugees" attacking a police vehicle
- Czech mayor claims all those number 8's in her event have noooothing to do with neo-Nazis
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity to Gwendolyn Albert
- Czech xenophobic band removed from music festival lineup after other performers refuse to share the stage with them
- Slovak President Čaputová awards Romani doctor and human rights activist with state honors
- Michal Mižigár wins the Aspen Central Europe Leadership Award 2019
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 19:00 CET: "Light in the Darkness" - Romani community gives awards in Slovakia
- Lifeguard gets state honors from Czech President for injuries sustained in brawl that sparked ultra-right anti-Romani demonstration
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- Romani celebrity Radek Banga tells 300 000 demonstrators in the Czech capital: This is not just a handful of people!
- Czech Police investigating hateful online comments inciting violence against Czech Radio reporter that were sparked by politician
- Czech Regional Governor gives award to Romani man who saved toddler's life