Documentary film "FC Roma" nominated for the Czech Film Critics' Award
"FC Roma", a documentary film by Rozálie Kohoutová and Tomáš Bojar showing racial issues through the eyes of a football club comprised predominantly of Romani players competing in a district-level championship, has been nominated for the Czech Film Critics' Award for 2016. In the year 2014, some clubs did not want to play with the FC Roma club, but the situation has changed today and the team is no longer just winning through forfeiture.
The club from Děčín has competed in several matches with diplomats from various embassies and last year played with the Karlovy Vary Film Festival football team in order to promote the documentary. Other films nominated in the category of "Best Documentary" for 2016 are "Normally Autistic" by director Miroslav Janek and "Damaged Beauty" by Helena Třeštíková and Jakub Hejna, about the Czech actress Lída Baarová and her relationship with the Minister of Propaganda of the Nazi Reich, Joseph Goebbels.
The second round of voting for the films nominated has just begun and the awards will be announced at a gala ceremony in the Archa theater in Prague on Saturday, 28 January 2017. The ceremony will be broadcast live at 20:20 by public broadcaster Czech Television's "ČT art" program.
- Czech documentary about Romani footballers premiered yesterday in Prague
- Czech football club backed down to racists within its own fan base over documentary screening
- Czech football club cancels screening of documentary about Romani footballers after fans threaten violence
- Czech Republic: Romani football trainer keeps children in the ghettos away from drugs
- Goal of his career! Romani footballer Ricardo Quaresma sends Portugal to EURO 2016 quarterfinals
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Hungary: Football hooligans assault and injure refugees at Budapest train station
- Czech football fans hang up Islamophobic banner during match, team later apologizes
- Commentary: Football still trumps immigration demonstrations for the Czech public
- Czech football hooligans attack Romani youth, Roma plan to demonstrate
- Czech Republic: Romani footballers play embassy employees
- Czech Republic: Embassy employees invite rejected Romani footballers to protest match
- BBC: England team's first Romany footballer 'deserves recognition'
- Czech football team models clothing brand with neo-Nazi associations
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- Hollywood Reporter says "The Painted Bird", starring a Romani child actor, is among the 20 best films this year
- Czech film of "The Painted Bird" features Romani child actor in the main role
- ROMEA TV: Czech Republic's Gipsy Brothers band reminisces about 16 years of friendship
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- "Romani Army" by Berlin-based Maxim Gorki Theater Company gets standing ovation at Czech festival
- EEA and Norway Grants will support building of memorial to Romani victims of the Holocaust at former concentration camp site
- Slovak football tournament brings together diplomats, Roma and politicians for the fifth time
- VIDEO: Gala celebration of International Romani Day 2019 in Prague's Archa Theater
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 17:30 CET: Prague begins celebrating International Romani Day
- Richard Samko's message to the late singer Věra Bílá: Me, nikda nazabisterav, palikerav tumege
- Czech Prime Minister expresses condolences over the death of legendary Romani singer