Documentary film "FC Roma" nominated for the Czech Film Critics' Award
"FC Roma", a documentary film by Rozálie Kohoutová and Tomáš Bojar showing racial issues through the eyes of a football club comprised predominantly of Romani players competing in a district-level championship, has been nominated for the Czech Film Critics' Award for 2016. In the year 2014, some clubs did not want to play with the FC Roma club, but the situation has changed today and the team is no longer just winning through forfeiture.
The club from Děčín has competed in several matches with diplomats from various embassies and last year played with the Karlovy Vary Film Festival football team in order to promote the documentary. Other films nominated in the category of "Best Documentary" for 2016 are "Normally Autistic" by director Miroslav Janek and "Damaged Beauty" by Helena Třeštíková and Jakub Hejna, about the Czech actress Lída Baarová and her relationship with the Minister of Propaganda of the Nazi Reich, Joseph Goebbels.
The second round of voting for the films nominated has just begun and the awards will be announced at a gala ceremony in the Archa theater in Prague on Saturday, 28 January 2017. The ceremony will be broadcast live at 20:20 by public broadcaster Czech Television's "ČT art" program.
- Czech documentary about Romani footballers premiered yesterday in Prague
- Czech football club backed down to racists within its own fan base over documentary screening
- Czech football club cancels screening of documentary about Romani footballers after fans threaten violence
- Czech Republic: Romani football trainer keeps children in the ghettos away from drugs
- Goal of his career! Romani footballer Ricardo Quaresma sends Portugal to EURO 2016 quarterfinals
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Hungary: Football hooligans assault and injure refugees at Budapest train station
- Czech football fans hang up Islamophobic banner during match, team later apologizes
- Commentary: Football still trumps immigration demonstrations for the Czech public
- Czech football team models clothing brand with neo-Nazi associations
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- "Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Jana Horváthová: Institutional racism still exists, many Roma have no faith in official structures
- Czech President's nominee for ombudsman says he would not deal with discrimination against Roma if chosen because that's what the courts are for
- Petr Kotlár: Filming with Václav Marhoul was a colossal experience
- Czech director of "The Painted Bird": All it takes here is to be different and you've got a problem
- LIVE BROADCAST: Gala awards ceremony Tajsa 2019 for Roma in the arts and culture