Documentary film "FC Roma" nominated for the Czech Film Critics' Award
"FC Roma", a documentary film by Rozálie Kohoutová and Tomáš Bojar showing racial issues through the eyes of a football club comprised predominantly of Romani players competing in a district-level championship, has been nominated for the Czech Film Critics' Award for 2016. In the year 2014, some clubs did not want to play with the FC Roma club, but the situation has changed today and the team is no longer just winning through forfeiture.
The club from Děčín has competed in several matches with diplomats from various embassies and last year played with the Karlovy Vary Film Festival football team in order to promote the documentary. Other films nominated in the category of "Best Documentary" for 2016 are "Normally Autistic" by director Miroslav Janek and "Damaged Beauty" by Helena Třeštíková and Jakub Hejna, about the Czech actress Lída Baarová and her relationship with the Minister of Propaganda of the Nazi Reich, Joseph Goebbels.
The second round of voting for the films nominated has just begun and the awards will be announced at a gala ceremony in the Archa theater in Prague on Saturday, 28 January 2017. The ceremony will be broadcast live at 20:20 by public broadcaster Czech Television's "ČT art" program.
- Czech documentary about Romani footballers premiered yesterday in Prague
- Czech football club backed down to racists within its own fan base over documentary screening
- Czech football club cancels screening of documentary about Romani footballers after fans threaten violence
- Czech Republic: Romani football trainer keeps children in the ghettos away from drugs
- Goal of his career! Romani footballer Ricardo Quaresma sends Portugal to EURO 2016 quarterfinals
- Highest-paid Hungarian footballer of all time is Romani
- Hungary: Football hooligans assault and injure refugees at Budapest train station
- Czech football fans hang up Islamophobic banner during match, team later apologizes
- Commentary: Football still trumps immigration demonstrations for the Czech public
- Czech football hooligans attack Romani youth, Roma plan to demonstrate
- Czech Republic: Romani footballers play embassy employees
- Czech Republic: Embassy employees invite rejected Romani footballers to protest match
- BBC: England team's first Romany footballer 'deserves recognition'
- Famous Romani players in world football
- Gyulla Banga: FIFA punishes Croatian footballer for promoting Nazism
- HATTRICK: Famous Romani footballers
- Greek footballer banned for life from national team after Nazi salute
- Czech fans spread rumors about Romani football subsidy
- British football fan does prison time, gets lifetime ban for racism
- Czech football team models clothing brand with neo-Nazi associations
- Czech Culture Minister: Buyout of pig farm was important, human dignity cannot be measured in money
- Yvetta Blanarovičová: Talent alone is not enough
- Internationally renowned Romani artist Damian Le Bas has passed away
- Mário Bihári and Bachtale Apsa launch new video Saturday with concert in Prague
- "A Vanished World" exhibit on Wenceslas Square in the Czech capital for the next two weeks
- Exhibition "A Vanished World" about indigenous Czech Roma and Sinti again on display in Prague
- Unique Czechoslovak film from 1960 about the concentration camp for Roma at Lety screening on Romea.cz
- Exhibit touring Prague shows how Roma lived before being imprisoned in concentration camps
- Czech PM praises Culture Minister but urges progress on buy-out of pig farm on Roma genocide site
- Slovakia: Meet Erik D., Romani street artist
- Romano Voďi magazine reviews new Czech film with Romani leading man, "Skokan"
- Colombia: Romani Residents Embrace Their New and Traditional Identities
Tags:Culture, Film, Fotbal, nominace
Analysis: A propaganda war needs angry, defiant, disgusted, nerve-wracked people - and the Czech Republic qualifies8.1.2018 18:12
Czech EdMin says number of Romani children educated according to reduced standards has not changed in three years7.1.2018 17:17
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.