EUROPE: Roma Pride 2016 raised the issue of denying that Roma were Holocaust victims
On Sunday, 2 October, the sixth annual Roma Pride event took place in a number of locations around Europe including Prague. Compared to previous years, there was significantly lower Romani turnout for it in Prague this year.
The aim of the event was to draw attention to the situation of the Romani minority in society and focused on the issue of the denial that Romani people were also victims of the Holocaust. The program in Prague began at 14:00 at the Church of Martin-in-the-Wall in Prague with a performance by the children's dance ensemble Amare čhave.
Romani activist Jozef Miker gave a speech complaining about the low Romani turnout. "We are losing our pride. I don't know exactly how many Romani people live in Prague, but I don't see any of them here. Where are the Prague Roma, where is their pride?" he asked.
The originally-planned march on the Old Town Square did not take place and those attending instead walked across Wenceslas Square to the Hussite Drop-In Club (Nízkoprahového klubu Husita). The European event is organized by the European Grassroots Antiracist Movement (EGAM), the Czech member organizations of which are the Konexe association and the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren.
- Roma Pride marches in 14 European cities call for removal of pig farm on concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Commentary: What Roma Pride is about, and why it's not working
- Gyulla Banga: Roma Pride or a cheap circus?
- Roma Pride 2014 in Prague, Terne Čhave perform
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2014 this Saturday in Prague
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2013 marches through Prague
- Roma Pride 2013 marches through Prague this Sunday
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Roma Pride 2012 this Sunday in 15 European capitals including Prague
- For the dignity of Roma people in Europe: Roma Pride!
- Roma Pride: Marches take place in European cities
- Romani boxer represents Czech Republic, takes bronze in European Junior Championship
- Czech Republic: Successful Romani hairdresser launches fashion designs
- Jozef Miker: It irritates me when Workers Party supporters recruit Roma against migrants
- Civil March for Aleppo in the Czech Republic receives both hate and love
- Civil March for Aleppo crosses into the Czech Republic
- Hundreds around Czech Republic honor memory of dead Romani man, right-wing extremists assemble at site of his death, riot police deployed
- Twelve assemblies announced internationally to mourn the death of young Romani man in Czech Republic
- Five assemblies scheduled internationally to mark the death of a young Romani man in Žatec
- Czech Republic: Memorial assembly this Thursday in Ostrava over Romani man's death in Žatec
- Czech Republic: Memorial assembly and march this Thursday in Žatec over Romani man's death
- Hungary: 1 000 fans of Roma Pride march through Budapest, honor Romani revolutionaries
- LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: International Romani Day celebrations at LaFabrika in Prague
Tags:Pochod, Roma Pride, Romská hrdost, shromáždění
Outgoing Czech PM backs MP who doubted Romani Holocaust, says he has apologized and his words have been "misinterpreted"7.2.2018 16:32
concentration camp at Lety u Písku, a site of the genocide of the Roma during the Second World War. When asked today whether he supports removing Okamura from his post as vice-chair of the lower house, as the Christian Democrats propose, the PM said he considers Okamura's apology to have been sufficient.
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.