Exhibition called "Gays, don't touch the Roma flag!" opens for Prague Pride
On Friday 11 August at 20:00 a vernissage for the exhibition entitled "Gays, don't touch the Roma flag!" ("Teplí, na romskou vlajku nesahat!") was held as part of the Prague Pride festival in the Phundrado Vudar Gallery. The ARA ART organization used the opportunity to respond to the homophobic posts that began to appear in the Czech-language online social media after a photograph was posted of Romani gays and lesbians holding the Romani flag.
News server Romea.cz broadcast the vernissage live on Facebook. This article includes a recording of the event.
- Prague LGBT Pride festival is underway, Roma organizing Hot Chocolate stage at the post-parade party
- Prague Pride changes website after recommending supporters vote for racist candidates
- Prague Pride 2016: LGBT community dances through Prague, Roma in the parade too
- Roma at Prague Pride festival say sexual minorities are still taboo in their community
- David Tišer tells Romani actor he has given Czech society a product full of stereotypes - and no explanation why
- Online Romanes-language video calls on Roma to declare Romani nationality during the Czech census
- Pope supports registered partnership for same-sex couples, Romani community member in the Czech Republic calls it progress
- Czech Romani group objects to reading names of Holocaust victims who were Romani, those organizing commemorations disagree
- Evening commemoration of European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day 2 August in Czech capital - Leperiben: We Do Not Forget
- Czech Republic's International Romani Day celebrations online: ARA ART holds gala evening "From One Living Room to Another"
- Prague Pride features Romani float again, award given to LGBT and Romani activist David Tišer
- Romani community members Karel Karika and David Tišer will receive the František Kriegel Award in the Czech Republic
- Slovakia has elected its first female President - Čaputová thanks voters in Romanes again
- Romani LGBT activist David Tišer on Czech state holiday: Hatemongers are representing us
- VIDEO: Museum of Romani Culture Award given to Romani activist David Tišer
- EU Justice Commissioner kicks up her heels in Brussels after Romani theater performance from the Czech Republic