Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
The singer Monika Bagárová, according to the Czech editon of Forbes magazine, is currently the third most influential person on Czech Instagram with one of the most rapidly accelerated growths among Czech users of the social media platform. The top 10 most influential people on Czech Instagram are led by Czech radio and TV presenter Leoš Mareš with a million followers, followed by vlogger and YouTuber Karel Kovář (aka Kovy) in second place with 735 000 fans.
Bagárová is followed by 732 000 fans in third place and is nipping at Kovy's heels. "There are not many Instagrammers who can boast of such an aggressive growth in their followers," the Czech edition of Forbes reports about the young Romani woman.
"The SuperStar 2009 finalist owes this above all to her role as a juror this year in that same singing competition, to recently giving birth to a daughter, and to her relationship with a favorite mixed martial artist, Machmud Muradov. Her growing popularity is also being noticed by big brands," Czech Forbes reports.
Bagárová became famous thanks to the first Czecho-Slovak SuperStar competition; she has been a permanent fixture on the Czech music scene ever since and is frequently called the "Princess of Czech Pop". During her career she has collaborated with many important musicians, released two albums and countless singles, and recorded the title song for the 2011 feature-length film Čertova nevěsta ("The Devil's Bride").
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani music celebrity supports "Go For Your Dream" project at Czech shopping centers
- Singer Monika Bagárová on Romani identity: Nothing to be ashamed of
- Romani hockey player listed in Czech edition of Forbes "30 under 30"
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs: Petr Uhl was and will always remain a person who gave many Romani men and women a hope of a more dignified life
- Petr Uhl, dissident in communist Czechoslovakia, human rights defender and journalist, has passed away
- Czech popular music awards show returns, Romani singer Monika Bagárová schools racist rapper on live television
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic wins again, holds the international WAKO Pro title a second time
- Slovak Defense Ministry gives Romani community member Richard Koky award for his contribution to fighting COVID-19, he calls on everyone to get vaccinated
- Romani singer Bertík Girga overwhelms "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" jurors, evoking tears, hugs, and a standing ovation
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. the "Gypsy King", has defended his title as boxing champion of the world
- The "Czech Nightingale" pop music survey returns with improvements, Romani musicians are in the lineup, write-in candidates also possible
- Three innovations introduced to prevent hatred and racism on Instagram after UEFA's EURO 2020 championship sees spike in racist speech
- Grandson of famous Czechoslovak partisan from the Romani community says his grandfather was a hero
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society
- Romani activist Štefan Tišer has passed away in the Czech Republic