Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
The singer Monika Bagárová, according to the Czech editon of Forbes magazine, is currently the third most influential person on Czech Instagram with one of the most rapidly accelerated growths among Czech users of the social media platform. The top 10 most influential people on Czech Instagram are led by Czech radio and TV presenter Leoš Mareš with a million followers, followed by vlogger and YouTuber Karel Kovář (aka Kovy) in second place with 735 000 fans.
Bagárová is followed by 732 000 fans in third place and is nipping at Kovy's heels. "There are not many Instagrammers who can boast of such an aggressive growth in their followers," the Czech edition of Forbes reports about the young Romani woman.
"The SuperStar 2009 finalist owes this above all to her role as a juror this year in that same singing competition, to recently giving birth to a daughter, and to her relationship with a favorite mixed martial artist, Machmud Muradov. Her growing popularity is also being noticed by big brands," Czech Forbes reports.
Bagárová became famous thanks to the first Czecho-Slovak SuperStar competition; she has been a permanent fixture on the Czech music scene ever since and is frequently called the "Princess of Czech Pop". During her career she has collaborated with many important musicians, released two albums and countless singles, and recorded the title song for the 2011 feature-length film Čertova nevěsta ("The Devil's Bride").
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani music celebrity supports "Go For Your Dream" project at Czech shopping centers
- Singer Monika Bagárová on Romani identity: Nothing to be ashamed of
- Romani hockey player listed in Czech edition of Forbes "30 under 30"
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême
- Romani musician proposed for Czech state honors
- Martin Mata: Save your money, the pandemic will have an overwhelming economic impact
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech ombudsman "likes" racist post on Facebook, refuses to answer questions about what that means
- International competition for new memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani and Sinti victims in Czech Republic has seven finalists
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights to take up human rights agenda, discrimination still an issue
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights wants to investigate human rights, new Public Defender is downplaying that aspect of the office
- Anna Šabatová's term as Czech Public Defender of Rights ends: "I did what was within my power to do"
- Czech lower house votes for new ombudsman, runoff to be held later today
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture's international competition for new memorial at former concentration camp receives 41 designs, exceeding organizers' expectations