Former Miss Roma Mirka Pikolová one of 14 Miss Czech Republic finalists
On Monday, 20 February at the Augustian House in Luhačovice, Czech Republic, almost 50 young women competed for the final round of the Miss Czech Republic beauty contest. The jury has chosen 14 finalists.
Mirka Pikolová, a former Miss Roma who is 22 years old, is among them. The women competed in the categories of their freely chosen disciplines, gave interviews in Czech and foreign languages, and promenaded in bathing suits.
The jury included former Czech top model Simona Krainová, one of the Czech Republic's most successful photographers, Benedikt Renč, leading Czech stylist Filip Vaněk, finalists of the 2016 Miss Czech Republic contest, and representatives of the competition's partners, led by Eva Čerešňáková and Martin Ditmar. Online voting for the preferred candidate is open until 5 March, and on the basis of that voting two finalists will travel to the international competition at Hotel Lomnica in the Tatra Mountains of Slovakia.
Pikolová is a graduate of the International Dance Conservatory in Prague and focuses primarily on acting in musicals, dance, and modeling. She would also like to aid children in addition to her other work and has contributed to the international charity organization UNICEF.
- US Professor Ian Hancock on the Miss Roma competition: Romani girls do not need to sell their beauty
- Commentary: The Miss Roma competition does more harm than good
- Roma Activists Denounce 'Racist' Beauty Pageant
- Miss Czech Republic, who is Romani, wins title of "Miss Elegance" and is now in the top 15 of the Miss Globe 2020 beauty competition
- Romani fashion designer Pavel Berky joins the top 16 round of the Czech edition of the MasterChef competition
- Romani community member becomes Miss Czech Republic
- Fashion designer Pavel Berky prevails with humility and talent over experiences of homophobia and racist assault
- Grand opening of "slow fashion" shop in Prague will be broadcast live online by ROMEA 25 October
- Russian social network blocks "Miss Hitler" beauty contest after Israeli media contact
- Romani fashion designer wins one million Czech crowns, will launch brand
- Czech Republic: Successful Romani hairdresser launches fashion designs
- Pavel Berky: I draw inspiration from my origins and prefer to sew my designs myself
- Slovakia: Many youth support the ultra-right, study finds
- Some Czech schools don't teach enough about democracy
- Romani fashion designer wins international competition in the USA