FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
The traditional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held today at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together the Romani former prisoners of Nazi camps and their family members.
The ceremony was attended by many diplomats and by two ministers of the Government of the Czech Republic. News server Romea.cz broadcast the ceremony live online.
PROGRAM OF THE COMMEMORATIVE CEREMONY
- 12:00 – Czech national anthem, hymn by the Czech Romani concentration camp prisoners
- 12:10 – Welcoming of participants
- 12:15 – Laying of floral offerings at the memorial
- 13:10 – Sermon and prayer celebrated by Father Vojtěch Vágai
- 13:30 – Cultural program - Carlos Vlasak guitar trio
- 13:50 – Speeches
- 14:30 – Conclusion of the official part of the ceremony, tour of the memorial, voluntary departure to the village of Mirovice (2 km) to lay flowers at the mass graves of the child victims buried at the parish cemetery.
VIDEO - PART TWO
VIDEO - PART THREE
- Czech Government to resign: Technocratic cabinet could endanger the buy-out of the pig farm at Romani genocide site
- Czech Human Rights Minister says Government might decide to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site in June
- Roma testimonies recall their families' Holocaust suffering
- Poland: Ultra-nationalists troll Auschwitz commemoration for the first time ever
- Czech MPs avoid round table about the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Museum of Romani Culture responds to Czech MP's critique of the new memorial to the Romani genocide at Lety
- Monika Mihaličková to the Czech Senate: Election laws must not allow the horrors of the Holocaust to repeat
- Czech lower house to decide whether to lift MP's immunity for doubting Holocaust victims who are Romani next month
- Czech MP belittles Holocaust victims who are Romani, asking "What's to respect?"
- Lety after the Romani genocide, Part Three: The 1990s pave the way to a price tag of half a billion crowns
- Czech Police ask lower house to lift immunity on MP who called Romani genocide site a "non-existing pseudo-concentration camp"
- Lety after the Romani genocide, Part Two: Survivors erect a cross, protests against pig farm ignored
- Demolition of pig farm on Romani genocide site in Czech Republic to take place in 2019, new memorial to open in 2023
- Czech Police must re-investigate one MP for Holocaust denial, but head of ultranationalist party will not be prosecuted