FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
The traditional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held today at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together the Romani former prisoners of Nazi camps and their family members.
The ceremony was attended by many diplomats and by two ministers of the Government of the Czech Republic. News server Romea.cz broadcast the ceremony live online.
PROGRAM OF THE COMMEMORATIVE CEREMONY
- 12:00 – Czech national anthem, hymn by the Czech Romani concentration camp prisoners
- 12:10 – Welcoming of participants
- 12:15 – Laying of floral offerings at the memorial
- 13:10 – Sermon and prayer celebrated by Father Vojtěch Vágai
- 13:30 – Cultural program - Carlos Vlasak guitar trio
- 13:50 – Speeches
- 14:30 – Conclusion of the official part of the ceremony, tour of the memorial, voluntary departure to the village of Mirovice (2 km) to lay flowers at the mass graves of the child victims buried at the parish cemetery.
VIDEO - PART TWO
VIDEO - PART THREE
- Czech Government to resign: Technocratic cabinet could endanger the buy-out of the pig farm at Romani genocide site
- Czech Human Rights Minister says Government might decide to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site in June
- Czech-Roma group alleges more people may have died at Roma genocide site than previously known, will demonstrate for pig farm removal
- Čeněk Růžička: Pig farm was privatized for CZK 3.5 million, now it's worth hundreds of millions more?
- Emílie Machálková, a Czech Romani Holocaust survivor, has passed away
- Archeological research confirms most of former concentration camp at Lety is on pig farm land
- Karel Holomek: Czech President's proposal to leave pig farm on genocide site is out of touch
- Czech presidential candidate says pig farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma must be demolished
- Czech Romani Holocaust survivor relative responds to President Zeman: Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia was responsible for Lety
- Miloš Zeman circa 1998: CZK 600 million to build a memorial instead of a pig farm is "negligible amount"
- Czech President Zeman is in favor of leaving pig farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
- Director of the Institute of the Terezín Initiative says story of Czechoslovak Romani partisan could raise awareness of Roma Holocaust
- Czech Republic: Vigil held for Romani man shot dead yesterday
- Slovak Ambassador at Romani genocide commemoration: Honoring the memory of victims of racial hatred is important for all countries
Tags:Holocaust, Lety u Písku, Pietní akce, Live
on 17 July.
Czech tabloid fraudulently tells readers CCTV footage of theft in Chile was from Ostrava - antigypsyism is the response18.7.2017 7:16
Ninety years ago the Czechoslovak authorities issued law on "wandering gypsies", took fingerprints for "gypsy identification cards"15.7.2017 14:13
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.