FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
The traditional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held today at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together the Romani former prisoners of Nazi camps and their family members.
The ceremony was attended by many diplomats and by two ministers of the Government of the Czech Republic. News server Romea.cz broadcast the ceremony live online.
PROGRAM OF THE COMMEMORATIVE CEREMONY
- 12:00 – Czech national anthem, hymn by the Czech Romani concentration camp prisoners
- 12:10 – Welcoming of participants
- 12:15 – Laying of floral offerings at the memorial
- 13:10 – Sermon and prayer celebrated by Father Vojtěch Vágai
- 13:30 – Cultural program - Carlos Vlasak guitar trio
- 13:50 – Speeches
- 14:30 – Conclusion of the official part of the ceremony, tour of the memorial, voluntary departure to the village of Mirovice (2 km) to lay flowers at the mass graves of the child victims buried at the parish cemetery.
VIDEO - PART TWO
VIDEO - PART THREE
- Czech Government to resign: Technocratic cabinet could endanger the buy-out of the pig farm at Romani genocide site
- Czech Human Rights Minister says Government might decide to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site in June
- PHOTO GALLERY: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic 2022
- Renata Berkyová at Lety u Písku: How is the current Romani society living in the Czech Republic to comprehend the open racism toward Romani refugees from Ukraine?
- President of Czech Senate says Lety commemorations are a call for people to treat minorities fairly
- LIVE BROADCAST SUNDAY: President of the Czech Senate to attend commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
- Czech town unveils 15 "Stones of the Disappeared" to honor Holocaust victims
- Czech ex-lawmaker gets six months, suspended for one year, for his remark about the WWII-era concentration camp for Roma at Lety u Písku
- Annual commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, will honor the memory of the Jewish and Romani victims of Nazism on 8 May
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from man responsible for desecrating memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani victims at Lety
- Norway Grants supports Prague 3 Municipal Department with hiring Romani advisor to aid Romani residents
- Former Czech MP faces prosecution for his remarks about a "pseudo-concentration camp" for Romani people at Lety
- Czech capital sees gathering of Romani students awarded scholarships by the ROMEA organization
- Czech MP loses re-election and immunity, police reopen case of his calling Lety a "non-existent, pseudo-concentration camp" for Roma