FULL VIDEO: Commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku
The traditional commemorative ceremony honoring the memory of the Romani victims of the Holocaust was held today at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic. The ceremony was organized by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust (Výbor pro odškodnění romského holokaustu - VPORH), which brings together the Romani former prisoners of Nazi camps and their family members.
The ceremony was attended by many diplomats and by two ministers of the Government of the Czech Republic. News server Romea.cz broadcast the ceremony live online.
PROGRAM OF THE COMMEMORATIVE CEREMONY
- 12:00 – Czech national anthem, hymn by the Czech Romani concentration camp prisoners
- 12:10 – Welcoming of participants
- 12:15 – Laying of floral offerings at the memorial
- 13:10 – Sermon and prayer celebrated by Father Vojtěch Vágai
- 13:30 – Cultural program - Carlos Vlasak guitar trio
- 13:50 – Speeches
- 14:30 – Conclusion of the official part of the ceremony, tour of the memorial, voluntary departure to the village of Mirovice (2 km) to lay flowers at the mass graves of the child victims buried at the parish cemetery.
VIDEO - PART TWO
VIDEO - PART THREE
- Czech Government to resign: Technocratic cabinet could endanger the buy-out of the pig farm at Romani genocide site
- Czech Human Rights Minister says Government might decide to buy pig farm on Romani genocide site in June
- "Europe: Which Children Matter?" Discussion in Ostrava on 17 November about Roma segregation in education
- It's official! Czech state to pay roughly CZK 450 million to buy out pig farm on Roma genocide site
- Czech Republic: Museum of Romani Culture says contract to buy pig farm on genocide site will be signed after elections
- Czech company that owns pig farm on Roma genocide site will appeal order to return subsidy due to EU anti-fraud investigation
- Romani activist Čeněk Růžička receives prestigious Artis Bohemiae Amicis award, Czech Culture Minister promises current Govt will buy pig farm
- Documentary film about Romani activist Jožka Miker brings his energy to the screen
- Czech state not signing pig farm contract today after all, money will come from next year's budget
- UN Human Rights Regional Office for Europe welcomes Czech Govt genocide site buyout, calls for illegally sterilized women to be compensated
- Czech Human Rights Minister says Govt will sign contract to buy pig farm on Roma genocide site next week
- Czech Republic: Pig farm shareholders to vote again on sale before year-end
- Czech Republic: Assembly to honor the victim of the neo-Nazi terror attack in the USA
- Some Romani activists do not want future genocide memorial at Lety to be run by the Czech state
Tags:Holocaust, Lety u Písku, Pietní akce, Live
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.