Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
The funeral for the legendary singer Věra Bílá will be held this Saturday, 23 March, at the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Several bands will provide musical accompaniment for the memorial service.
A wake will be held afterward. "We are anticipating that many people will attend," Ladislav Giňa, Věra Bílá's nephew, told news server Romea.cz.
"They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, from Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said. Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň.
She had been briefly hospitalized in critical condition after a heart attack. Her memorial service will be broadcast live on news server Romea.cz.
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Romani community member Stanislav Holomek has passed away in Germany
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Emil Voráč: Some non-Romani social work clients in the Czech Republic refuse aid from Romani people
- Last survivor of Czech students sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Magdalena Karvayová: Parents in the ghettos need to see education offers their children a future
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Edita Stejskalová: Czech PM has decided not to establish the post of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- New vice-chair of the Czech Govt Romani Affairs Council: Problems must be addressed, especially in difficult times
- Miroslav Kováč, former chair of the Equal Opportunities Party in the Czech Republic, has passed away after a long illness
- Richard Samko's message to the late singer Věra Bílá: Me, nikda nazabisterav, palikerav tumege