Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
The funeral for the legendary singer Věra Bílá will be held this Saturday, 23 March, at the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Several bands will provide musical accompaniment for the memorial service.
A wake will be held afterward. "We are anticipating that many people will attend," Ladislav Giňa, Věra Bílá's nephew, told news server Romea.cz.
"They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, from Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said. Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň.
She had been briefly hospitalized in critical condition after a heart attack. Her memorial service will be broadcast live on news server Romea.cz.
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Famous Roma Rights Activist László Bogdán Has Passed Away
- Slovak tabloid covers funeral of Romani woman as spectacle
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême
- Romani musician proposed for Czech state honors
- Martin Mata: Save your money, the pandemic will have an overwhelming economic impact
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech ombudsman "likes" racist post on Facebook, refuses to answer questions about what that means
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights to take up human rights agenda, discrimination still an issue
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights wants to investigate human rights, new Public Defender is downplaying that aspect of the office
- Anna Šabatová's term as Czech Public Defender of Rights ends: "I did what was within my power to do"