Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
The funeral for the legendary singer Věra Bílá will be held this Saturday, 23 March, at the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Several bands will provide musical accompaniment for the memorial service.
A wake will be held afterward. "We are anticipating that many people will attend," Ladislav Giňa, Věra Bílá's nephew, told news server Romea.cz.
"They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, from Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said. Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň.
She had been briefly hospitalized in critical condition after a heart attack. Her memorial service will be broadcast live on news server Romea.cz.
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. "The Gypsy King", again defends his boxing title as world champion
- Funeral held in Czech capital for Pavlína Radlová, a pivotal member of the Romani community and civil society
- Olga Fečová, author, foster mother and pedagogical assistant, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Štefan Pongo, founder of the Czechoslovak Romani Union, has passed away
- Coffin of Italian neo-Fascist is draped with the Nazi flag, causing a scandal
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs: Petr Uhl was and will always remain a person who gave many Romani men and women a hope of a more dignified life
- Petr Uhl, dissident in communist Czechoslovakia, human rights defender and journalist, has passed away
- Romani kickboxer Václav Sivák of the Czech Republic wins again, holds the international WAKO Pro title a second time
- Slovak Defense Ministry gives Romani community member Richard Koky award for his contribution to fighting COVID-19, he calls on everyone to get vaccinated
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. the "Gypsy King", has defended his title as boxing champion of the world
- Grandson of famous Czechoslovak partisan from the Romani community says his grandfather was a hero
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated