Gabriela Hrabaňová: Havel is my role model!
This is as if one of my own loved ones has passed away. I am sad. Everyone has been writing about how this is the end of an era. I firmly hope that is not the case. The legacy of Václav Havel must remain with us, and the space for truth and love in society must continue to increase. Thanks to my father, who was a Charter 77 signatory, I spent time in dissident circles since childhood, sometimes even around Václav Havel. Today I move in the circles of human rights activists, and Havel was also close to those circles as well. In both of these circles, a minority of people advocates for the interests of those in need. In that respect, I sincerely believe that just as Václav Havel is my role model, he should be a role model for everyone - not just as a politician, but as a human being.
- Czech Agency for Social Inclusion accuses paper of anti-Romani campaign
- Help Romea.cz win support from Vodafone
- Czech Republic and "gypsies" - 1938 vs. 2012
- Czech Republic: Equal Opportunities Party to protest local-level anti-Romani moves
- Czech mayor: Romani people face lynching unless rape suspect taken into custody
- Czech municipality gets tough on Ostrava ghetto residents again
- Czech Republic: Proud Romani students in IT, medicine, and natural sciences
- Prosecutor: Czechs started last year's brawl with Romani people in Rumburk
- Roma Pride 2012 marches through the center of Prague
- Czech Republic: 70 ultra-rightists march on Romani neighborhood
- Czech Republic: Project commemorates postwar Romani labor
- European experts compare experiences working in socially excluded localities