Interview with Romani man in Czech Republic recovering from COVID-19: This was not like the flu
Romani community member Marek Markovič, who has been recovering from COVID-19 and living at home in isolation for almost one month now, has given an interview to ROMEA TV. He had to be hospitalized because of his deteriorating state of health, and is waiting for the results of his most recent COVID-19 test to confirm he no longer has the virus.
Previous tests have indicated that he has survived being infected. He is very tense about his father's state of health, who remains hospitalized with COVID-19.
His father, a taxi driver, has been given the drug Remdesivir, among others. Markovič says his experience with COVID-19 was "nothing like the flu".
- Czech Labor Minister tells ROMEA TV the crucial priority is to prevent mass unemployment because of COVID-19
- Human Rights Commissioner of the Council of Europe calls for Romani living conditions to be improved during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner thanks Roma for their aid during COVID-19 and wishes them well on International Romani Day
- Petr Torák: The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Britain, dozens of Roma are returning to the Czech Republic
- Vladimír Leško: Dozens of Roma are returning from the UK to the Ostrava area of the Czech Republic, they and others will be tested for COVID-19
- European Roma and Travellers Forum President makes statement about COVID-19 pandemic, thanks health care professionals
- Romani doctor in the Czech Republic: This work is enormously meaningful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Disinformation about COVID-19 in Czech first spread from Russian server, according to new analysis
- Czech bill would make it possible to apply for unemployment benefits electronically in order to prevent COVID-19 spread
- Czech bill would prevent evictions due to nonpayment of rent during COVID-19 pandemic
- Czech primary schools begin first-grade enrollment, children not present due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Commentary: Czech ombudsman's racist remarks reveal his ignorance of Roma and of history
- Commentary: Czech philosopher Daniel Kroupa has crossed the line, or: What is racism?
- Cyril Koky: I want to serve in the Czech Senate
- Commentary: Romani actors should boycott Czech cop show over antigypsyist content
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic
- Slovak Police refute disinformation alleging that rampaging murderer at school was Romani
- French police brutally beat 14-year-old Romani boy during arrest, his family plan to sue
- Chair of the Pirate Party in the Czech Republic stands up for Romani activist assaulted by hateful attackers
- Romani doctor in Czech Republic: As long as we never appear in such positions, nothing will change
- Slovakia: Two non-Romani assailants who invaded Romani home to personally deliver death threats given suspended sentences
- Rina Caldari: The "Corona Rebels" - Conspiracy Theories from the Far Right
- Czech nursery school underpays Romani janitor for years, refuses to compensate her, she is suing