Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
In the first round of voting for president it has been demonstrated that the current Czech President, Miloš Zeman, is not as dominant as it seemed - personally, I voted for Michal Horáček, and he deserves all honor and respect in defeat. Unfortunately, he was not selected for the second round, and I really regret that, because I can imagine him as a decent, humane, wise President of the Czech Republic.
For that reason I would like to wish him a great deal of success in his personal and professional life. I also wish him and his family a great deal of good health, happiness and ease.
Now we have the second round of the direct elections for President ahead of us, and the choice is between Jiří Drahoš and Miloš Zeman. I read a commentary on the Facebook social networking site recently about how the Romani residents of the Chánov housing estate were encouraged to go vote.
Well, "encouraged" - it was more like they were reproached in advance for low turnout. Then I read an article on Romea.cz reporting that Horáček got almost 70 % of the vote there.
Those voters deserve our big thanks for turning out. I would like call upon all Romani people, not just those living in the Czech Republic, but also those living abroad, to support Jiří Drahoš in the second round of the elections this coming weekend.
If your participation is the same as it was during the first round, Miloš Zeman might finally be able to retire and enjoy the rest of his life in peace and quiet. I do believe, I am convinced, that Jiří Drahoš will be a good president and that he will not further divide this society.
A President Drahoš will not condemn people on the basis of ignorance and prejudice and mainly, he will not lie in public. Romale, your next vote is clear.
That vote is for Jiří Drahoš. Thanks in advance to all who support him in the second round of the direct presidential election.
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech presidential candidate welcomes buyout of farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
- Prague Forum for Romani Histories launches Czech website, panel on Holocaust research MONDAY
- Czech commemoration of Holocaust at Terezín Memorial will again not feature the Romani flag
- Hungary: Open Society Foundation closing in Budapest due to Government persecution
- Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?
- U.S. diplomats discuss situation of Romani people in Europe during Czech visit
- OPEN CALL for 5th CoE Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Civil Society next month - DEADLINE 27 MAY to apply
- EU Agency for Fundamental Rights finds Czech Republic the place that rejects Romani people the most
- Jana Balážová: Not acceptable for teachers to see Romani children as a burden
- Czech educators told Romani child she was "slow" - in the UK she's on her second college degree and working as a dental nurse
- BBC Three Documentary Exposes Human Rights Abuses In Hungary’s State-Care Homes
- Traffickers in poverty in the Czech Republic have a new trick for not losing their profitable business model
- Romani rappers P. A. T. and Rytmus in new video: Czechs and Slovaks are "drunk on hatred"
Tags:Prezident, Prezidentské volby, Prezidentské volby 2018, Roma
Pre peskere pindre: Romani leaders in Czech Republic learn how to avoid financial transactions with those who humiliate Roma10.5.2018 8:56
Emiliya Dancheva: Can we trust the European Parliament if its members are deaf and blind to anti-Gypsyism in Bulgaria?9.5.2018 6:55
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.