Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
In the first round of voting for president it has been demonstrated that the current Czech President, Miloš Zeman, is not as dominant as it seemed - personally, I voted for Michal Horáček, and he deserves all honor and respect in defeat. Unfortunately, he was not selected for the second round, and I really regret that, because I can imagine him as a decent, humane, wise President of the Czech Republic.
For that reason I would like to wish him a great deal of success in his personal and professional life. I also wish him and his family a great deal of good health, happiness and ease.
Now we have the second round of the direct elections for President ahead of us, and the choice is between Jiří Drahoš and Miloš Zeman. I read a commentary on the Facebook social networking site recently about how the Romani residents of the Chánov housing estate were encouraged to go vote.
Well, "encouraged" - it was more like they were reproached in advance for low turnout. Then I read an article on Romea.cz reporting that Horáček got almost 70 % of the vote there.
Those voters deserve our big thanks for turning out. I would like call upon all Romani people, not just those living in the Czech Republic, but also those living abroad, to support Jiří Drahoš in the second round of the elections this coming weekend.
If your participation is the same as it was during the first round, Miloš Zeman might finally be able to retire and enjoy the rest of his life in peace and quiet. I do believe, I am convinced, that Jiří Drahoš will be a good president and that he will not further divide this society.
A President Drahoš will not condemn people on the basis of ignorance and prejudice and mainly, he will not lie in public. Romale, your next vote is clear.
That vote is for Jiří Drahoš. Thanks in advance to all who support him in the second round of the direct presidential election.
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech presidential candidate welcomes buyout of farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
- Roma are most frequently targeted by hatred on the Czech Internet, experts say the law applies online too
- Czech Govt report on the state of the Romani minority estimates 830 ghettos with 127 000 inhabitants in the regions
- Slovakia: Café Európa discusses underrepresentation of Romani people in politics
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige
- Jozef Miker: Those who care about the homeless in the Czech Republic are bringing them food for free
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Organizer of 8 July protest by Romani people in Brussels is corrected by incoming MEP - "I've never spoken with him"
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- USA: Four-month-old Romani boy is youngest child to be separated from his parents at the border with Mexico
- Slovak President-elect creates minority adviser team, Roma represented by Jurina Rusnáková and Viktor Teru
- Slovak church bungles inclusion of Romani newcomer into First Communion ceremony, charges of racial discrimination being investigated