Jan Cverčko: Romale, vote for Jiří Drahoš!
In the first round of voting for president it has been demonstrated that the current Czech President, Miloš Zeman, is not as dominant as it seemed - personally, I voted for Michal Horáček, and he deserves all honor and respect in defeat. Unfortunately, he was not selected for the second round, and I really regret that, because I can imagine him as a decent, humane, wise President of the Czech Republic.
For that reason I would like to wish him a great deal of success in his personal and professional life. I also wish him and his family a great deal of good health, happiness and ease.
Now we have the second round of the direct elections for President ahead of us, and the choice is between Jiří Drahoš and Miloš Zeman. I read a commentary on the Facebook social networking site recently about how the Romani residents of the Chánov housing estate were encouraged to go vote.
Well, "encouraged" - it was more like they were reproached in advance for low turnout. Then I read an article on Romea.cz reporting that Horáček got almost 70 % of the vote there.
Those voters deserve our big thanks for turning out. I would like call upon all Romani people, not just those living in the Czech Republic, but also those living abroad, to support Jiří Drahoš in the second round of the elections this coming weekend.
If your participation is the same as it was during the first round, Miloš Zeman might finally be able to retire and enjoy the rest of his life in peace and quiet. I do believe, I am convinced, that Jiří Drahoš will be a good president and that he will not further divide this society.
A President Drahoš will not condemn people on the basis of ignorance and prejudice and mainly, he will not lie in public. Romale, your next vote is clear.
That vote is for Jiří Drahoš. Thanks in advance to all who support him in the second round of the direct presidential election.
- Czech President attempts to smear opponent as "pro-immigration" - but their views are the same on that issue
- Czech presidential candidate Horáček thanks Roma for voting, supports Drahoš in second round
- Czech presidential election second round will apparently be Drahoš v Zeman
- Czech presidential candidate welcomes buyout of farm on site of former concentration camp for Roma
- Czech Constitutional Court rejects complaint from neo-Nazi convicted of 2012 arson
- Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs
- Romania: 900 protest recent violence against Roma in Italy and Ukraine, more demonstrations in other European countries to follow
- OSCE Mission to Serbia responds to Romani NGOs about alleged radicalization, references British Council report
- Italy: Romani infant hospitalized after being shot with pellet gun
- Romani NGOs around Europe ask why the OSCE is researching alleged radicalization of their communities in Serbia
- Edita Stejskalová: OSCE should send observer missions to Ukraine regarding pogroms against Roma and monitor the police investigation
- Italy's Lombardy Region first to conduct census of Roma and Sinti, plans to raze illegal camps, Romani organizations protesting
- Italian Interior Minister threatens to cancel police protection for crimefighting author who criticizes his anti-Roma attitude
- Italian Interior Minister insists on "census" of Roma despite criticism
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister says nobody has to live on the street after residential hotels close
- Families with children facing eviction sue Czech city for putting them at risk of homelessness
Tags:Prezident, Prezidentské volby, Prezidentské volby 2018, Roma
Tomáš Ščuka: Romani people need competent representation first and foremost, not Romani representation at all costs1.8.2018 10:04
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.