Jaroslav Miko: Pro-Russian demonstrators are openly supporting a criminal regime
The most recent demonstration of human stupidity that happened in Prague on Friday did involve several aspects that are actually interesting. The first is that the event was organized by creatures such as the recidivist Patrik Tušl; by Tomáš Čermák, who has been prosecuted for promoting and supporting terrorism; and by the well-known "vandal" Jiří Černohorský, who has been investigated by the National Organized Crime Agency.
People describing themselves as the "only real Czech patriots" were waving the flag of Russia and shouting "Glory to Putin" - in other words, "patriotically" expressing support for a regime that openly conducts actions against the Czech state, our national sovereignty, and our prosperity. These people are openly supporting a criminal regime that, because of its aggressive war, poses not just a security threat to all Czech citizens, but also creates difficulties of an economic nature that are serious.
This "authentic patriotism" was further underscored by the sign being carried by the demonstrators that read "Stop Fiala's Government!!!" in some kind of weird new form of the Czech language. Interviews with those attending the event were also interesting, including one with a particularly peace-loving lady.
She clarified her reasons for demonstrating to a Forum24.cz reporter like this: "I'm protesting against the motherf***ers, the swine, the trash, the s***s and that brute of a murderer, Zelenskyy. He has to lose, they all have to be killed! He brought flowers to Bandera!"
"Bandera is long dead," another lady logically noted. "Who cares, his f***ing family is alive," the interviewee said.
"Putin has to win! He must!" she then raged.
When asked what would happen if he does, she didn't answer. A female friend of hers then led her away from the interview, telling her: "Don't talk to that c**t."
Our democracy makes it possible for even the mentally weakest of us to freely express their desire for a world where everybody would be badly off, not just them, and the rest of us have no choice but to reconcile ourselves to the fact that all societies produce such bankrupts. The idea that our world could actually reflect the desires of such people in reality is genuinely terrifying, though.
- Czech Police arrest man with Nazi swastika tatoo at anti-Goverment demo where Russian national anthem was played
- Czech Police find 65 cases of criminal approval of Russian aggression against Ukraine, charges filed in 30 cases so far
- Czech Police charge bodybuilder for praising Russia's invasion of Ukraine and expressing desire for a war in which he could kill anybody
- Speaking of Nazis, the Donetsk leader of pro-Russian separatists honored a Russian soldier with Nazi symbols on his uniform for his role in Mariupol
- Almost 200 pro-Roma and Romani organizations worldwide condemn Russia's war on Ukraine, call for it to end and for the human rights of all refugees to be upheld
- Slovak MEP Peter Pollák calls Putin the "Devil's son" in interview with Roma in Kharkiv being fired upon by Russian soldiers
- Pro-Kremlin fakery and manipulation: What to make of Russian claims of Ukraine's alleged "genocide", Fascism and Nazism?
- Young Romani activist from Ukraine: Stop this war! Ask your representatives to call on Russia to withdraw its troops from Ukraine
- Czech Prosecutor-General says expressing approval and support for Russian attack on Ukraine could be a felony
- Czech Republic: RomanoNet condemns barbaric attack by Russia on Ukraine, expresses support to Roma and all inhabitants of Ukraine in their fight for freedom and independence
- Jaroslav Miko: We are threatened not just by the aggressive policies and hybrid attacks of Russia, but by Czech "patriots" falling for Russian propaganda
- Czech mayor expelled from STAN party for talking about shooting Romani people put together an independent list for the elections, Christian Democrats have joined it
- German MEP of Romani origin Romeo Franz: The situation for Roma in Ukraine is shocking, I could not believe Roma live in such conditions in Europe
- CNN: Czech Republic has discriminated against Romani refugees from Ukraine, updated data refute the myth that they all hold dual citizenship
- Czech Police arrest purveyors of disinformation who hatefully threatened refugees from Ukraine, court remands them into custody
- Emil Voráč: I distance myself from Romani supporters of xenophobic politicians in the Czech Republic
- Spain: Vigilantes set six homes of Romani families on fire in an act of collective punishment, but some European media call the incidents "peaceful demonstrations"
- Former Czech MP loses appeal over his hateful call to "get rid of useless people", the original sentence stands
- Hungary's Jewish Community protests PM Orbán's racist speech in which he said Hungarians don't want to become a "mixed-race" nation
- One refugee camp in Czech capital is now closing, remaining refugees from Ukraine there will be moved to another camp this afternoon
- In runup to autumn elections, Czech mayor recounts to local assembly the time he said Romani people should be shot
- Bizarre Czech mixed martial arts pay-per-view program "Clash of the Stars" features fighter with criminal record who spouts antigypsyist rhetoric
- Czech authorities reopen refugee reception center in the Vysočany neighborhood of Prague