Karel Karika: We will rehouse all 70 people from the residential hotel on Klíšská Street
The Vice-Mayor of the central municipal department in the city of Ústí nad Labem, Karel Karika, told news server Romea.cz during the 14 June demonstration against the closure of the residential hotels there that he will arrange accommodation for all the inhabitants of the Klíšská residential hotel by the end of this month. "We warned about this situation one year ago, we were the only movement in Ústí to disagree with announcing zones where housing benefits are not able to be disbursed," Karika told ROMEA TV.
Karika also warned that City Hall has completely resigned itself to ignoring social housing development even though several buildings that would be appropriate for addressing such situations are either owned by the city or could be bought by the city. Evidence of that claim is a building purchased three years go in the Krásné Březno locality that has not yet been reconstructed, he said.
- VIDEO: Demonstration about closure of Czech city's residential hotels, inhabited mostly by Roma
- Residential hotels closing in Czech city, Romani tenants have yet to find substitute accommodation
- Karel Karika, candidate for the Czech lower house: Roma must not be exploited into selling their votes
- Czech regional elections. Romani candidate for the Greens/Pirates, Karel Karika: No more socially excluded localities
- Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová has breakfast with Romani students
- VIDEO: Ostentatious homes built by Roma community in Romania reflect their desire for prestige
- Slovak Constitutional Court awards compensation to Roma for 13-year court case - but the discrimination sued over still has no final ruling
- Jozef Miker: Those who care about the homeless in the Czech Republic are bringing them food for free
- Slovak homeowner considers selling to Roma, so his neighbors graffiti his house and puncture his tires
- Organizer of 8 July protest by Romani people in Brussels is corrected by incoming MEP - "I've never spoken with him"
- Slovak court grants early release to vigilante who murdered three Roma at their home, prosecutor complains
- USA: Four-month-old Romani boy is youngest child to be separated from his parents at the border with Mexico
- Czech restaurant chain apologizes to Romani musician for refusal of service
- First Czech real estate agency motivated by social responsibility in the Plzeň Region opens for business
- Slovak church bungles inclusion of Romani newcomer into First Communion ceremony, charges of racial discrimination being investigated
- Czech restaurant says reservations, not racism, were why a Romani group was not seated despite empty tables