KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
The KHAMORO World Romani Festival will not happen at the beginning of June in Prague this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but will most probably take place in the autumn.The Slovo21 organization, which produces the festival every year, has decided to release this video of non-Romani and Romani people singing the Romani international anthem together to mark International Romani Day.
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Slovakia: Romani children from excluded communities sing Romani national anthem at the Presidential Palace
- Romani candidate in Czech regional elections says politicians don't have to be corrupt
- Slovak project where Roma build their own homes seems more feasible in village setting, for now
- Emil Voráč: In the Czech Republic, nonprofits able to integrate Roma are often blocked from financing
- Emil Voráč: Czech Govt COVID-19 measures have not stopped our work, but the poorest are being forgotten
- Araceli Cañadas Ortega: Romani women are the roots that feed our communities with care and love
- Slovak NGOs respond to PM, allege Romani settlement closures will accelerate spread of COVID-19
- Slovak NGOs call on Government to stop discriminating against Romani people in the context of testing for COVID-19 and closing settlements
- EU Commissioners greet the Roma on International Romani Day
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights on International Romani Day: Segregated schools are the shame of our country
- Czech Govt Human Rights Commissioner thanks Roma for their aid during COVID-19 and wishes them well on International Romani Day
- Romani and non-Romani figures from the Czech Republic send greetings on International Romani Day: But bacht the sasťipen!
- Slovak President greets Romani people for International Romani Day: Paľikerav tumenge. Džanav mištes hoj jekhetane koda keraha