LIVE: Civil society members of Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs make statement
At 13:30 the civil society members of the Czech Government Council for Romani Minority Affairs will give a statement about the introduction of the legal provision for municipalities to declare areas on their territories as "localities with an increased incidence of socially undesirable phenomena", the so-called "housing benefit-free zones". The Council already called this legal provision in the law on aid to those in material distress discriminatory during its 8 November 2017 session.
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister says nobody has to live on the street after residential hotels close
- Families with children facing eviction sue Czech city for putting them at risk of homelessness
- Karel Karika: We will rehouse all 70 people from the residential hotel on Klíšská Street
- Czech Green Party says current housing crisis involving Romani evictees makes previous ones seem humane by comparison
- Czech lower house approves increase to housing benefits over rising energy prices
- Community spread of Omicron reported from socially excluded locality in the Czech Republic
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs: Petr Uhl was and will always remain a person who gave many Romani men and women a hope of a more dignified life
- Czech town sees doubling of social exclusion over five years, growth in loan sharking among Romani residents
- Czech Spolu (Together) coalition: Education is the path to better integration of Roma, "inadaptables" don't want to conform
- Czech town sees 6 000 people attend Romfest in runup to elections, Romani figures explained the importance of voting and warned against ultranationalists
- Fire in Czech town destroys building where bereaved relatives of Stanislav Tomáš, the Romani man who died in police custody in June, were living
- Romanian town must finally compensate some members of a forcibly evicted Romani community
- Vojtěch Lavička: Czech law on housing benefit-free zones was an attack on human dignity
- Czech mayors regret abolition of housing benefit-free zones, one alleges the move will "cause extremism"
- Czech Labor and Social Affairs Minister proposes "expropriating" residential hotels after housing benefit-free zones declared unconstitutional
- BREAKTHROUGH DECISION: Czech Constitutional Court overturns part of law that allowed municipalities to declare "housing benefit-free zones"