LIVE AT NOON TODAY: Commemoration at the former concentration camp for Roma in Lety, Czech Republic
ROMEA TV will broadcast live on Sunday, 12 May at 12:00 CET from the traditional Commemorative Ceremony at Lety u Písku convened by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic (VPORH), chaired by Mr Čeněk Růžička. Representatives of that organization will be giving its Award for Humanity in memoriam to the late Dr Alfred Bader for his philanthropic work through an organization whose sponsorship has contributed significantly toward improving the positions of Romani people and other communities in the Czech Republic.
On behalf of Bader Philanthropies, Mr Yechiel Bar-Chaim will be receiving the award today. The Lety u Písku event commemorates the fate of the Romani victims of the Holocaust and Nazism.
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Documentary on WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic screening TONIGHT ONLINE
- Gwendolyn Albert: "I believe the illegally sterilized women will be compensated"
- Exhibition in Czech capital shows newly-identified photographs of the deportations of Jewish people from Prague during the Holocaust
- Czech library to exhibit all designs submitted for the future Lety u Písku Memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti
- Czech demolition of pig farm on former WWII-era concentration camp for Roma delayed one year, future new memorial said to be unaffected
- Holocaust survivors and remembrance organizations object to how younger generation is using TikTok to commemorate victims
- Czech ceremony commemorating Romani prisoners sent to Auschwitz on 20 August attended by more than 150 people
- Slovak Prime Minister says the Holocaust and its Romani victims must be remembered so that its "bloody history" will never be repeated
- VIDEO: Commemoration at former concentration camp in Czech Republic remembers Romani victims of Auschwitz, Human Rights Commissioner expresses support for a Romani Commissioner
- Czech Government Human Rights Commissioner: I support the creation of a Government Commissioner for Romani Minority Affairs
- LIVE BROADCAST Sunday at noon CET: European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic