LIVE AT NOON TODAY: Commemoration at the former concentration camp for Roma in Lety, Czech Republic
ROMEA TV will broadcast live on Sunday, 12 May at 12:00 CET from the traditional Commemorative Ceremony at Lety u Písku convened by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic (VPORH), chaired by Mr Čeněk Růžička. Representatives of that organization will be giving its Award for Humanity in memoriam to the late Dr Alfred Bader for his philanthropic work through an organization whose sponsorship has contributed significantly toward improving the positions of Romani people and other communities in the Czech Republic.
On behalf of Bader Philanthropies, Mr Yechiel Bar-Chaim will be receiving the award today. The Lety u Písku event commemorates the fate of the Romani victims of the Holocaust and Nazism.
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Čeněk Růžička: Traditional commemoration for Romani victims of the Holocaust is postponed due to COVID-19
- International competition for new memorial to the Holocaust and its Romani and Sinti victims in Czech Republic has seven finalists
- Grandson of Holocaust survivor says he experiences racism on a daily basis in the Czech Republic
- UK Holocaust commemoration features Romani activist Daniela Abraham, who met with royals
- Czech state's demolition of industrial pig farm on former concentration camp site for Roma to begin in June
- Director of Museum of Romani Culture addresses Czech Senate on International Holocaust Remembrance Day: We must safeguard our own humanity
- Descendants of Romani victims of the Holocaust and Czech experts discuss commemoration after screening of documentary "LETY"
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture's international competition for new memorial at former concentration camp receives 41 designs, exceeding organizers' expectations
- Documentary film LETY to screen in Czech capital on the occasion of International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Director of the Lidice Memorial in the Czech Republic has resigned
- Czech Republic's Museum of Romani Culture to educate students at memorial site of former concentration camp at Lety
- Czech Govt Roma Council recommends analyzing interwar assets of Roma and Sinti confiscated during the war, a still-unresolved matter