LIVE AT NOON TODAY: Commemoration at the former concentration camp for Roma in Lety, Czech Republic
ROMEA TV will broadcast live on Sunday, 12 May at 12:00 CET from the traditional Commemorative Ceremony at Lety u Písku convened by the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust in the Czech Republic (VPORH), chaired by Mr Čeněk Růžička. Representatives of that organization will be giving its Award for Humanity in memoriam to the late Dr Alfred Bader for his philanthropic work through an organization whose sponsorship has contributed significantly toward improving the positions of Romani people and other communities in the Czech Republic.
On behalf of Bader Philanthropies, Mr Yechiel Bar-Chaim will be receiving the award today. The Lety u Písku event commemorates the fate of the Romani victims of the Holocaust and Nazism.
- Commemoration at WWII-era concentration camp for Roma in Czech Republic to give Award for Humanity in memoriam to Dr Alfred Bader
- Czech MP loses re-election and immunity, police reopen case of his calling Lety a "non-existent, pseudo-concentration camp" for Roma
- Gunter Demnig marked the Nazi deportation route of thousands of Roma and Sinti from Cologne, Germany, then invented the Stolpersteine
- Slovak Government apologizes for anti-Jewish measures during WWII
- At remembrance event, chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust says Okamura is one of the Czech politicians agitating against Romani people
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT NOON: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
- Traditional commemorative ceremony dedicated to the Romani victims of Nazism will be held on Sunday, 1 August at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Czech local archive publishes digitalized records online of the former concentration camp for Romani people at Lety
- Director of Jewish Museum in Prague responds to commentary by František Kostlán, says its remarks about him are "gossip"
- Even in hell, she chose good: Alfreda Markowska, the Polish Romani woman who saved Jewish and Romani children from the Nazis
- Czech Museum of Romani Culture commemorates Holocaust victims in online ceremony
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Annual commemoration of the Holocaust of the Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, is postponed due to the pandemic