LIVE BROADCAST at 13:00 TODAY: Demonstration "Let's Do It! Me Džav a So Tumen Avena?"
Today during the commemorations of the state holiday on 17 November 2018 at 13:00 on Hradčanské náměstí in front of Prague Castle and the statue of the first President of Czechoslovakia T. G. Masaryk there will be a protest assembly called "Jdeme do toho! [Let's Do It!] Me Džav a So Tumen Avena? Those participating will be expressing their disagreement with the recent appearances by Czech President Miloš Zeman and his manipulative remarks about Romani people.
The event is the initiative of Miroslav Rusenko of the Romani Democratic Party (RDS). ROMEA TV will broadcast the demonstration live.
- "Europe: Which Children Matter?" Discussion in Ostrava on 17 November about Roma segregation in education
- Thousands commemorate 17 November anniversary on significant street in the Czech capital
- Albertov university area of the Czech capital is packed as members of academia indirectly criticize politicians on 17 November
- Czech Republic: Hundreds march against nationalism in Prague on 17 November
- Czech PM on 17 November: A democratic state must have a strong social welfare dimension
- Czech Republic: Dozens of events on 17 November in Prague - including ultra-right ones
- Czech university administrators, students issue statements about police banning access for students and teachers to 17 November memorial
- Czech ministers warn that extremists may attempt provocations on state holiday 17 November
- Czech academics: Promoters of hate want to trample on the anniversary of 17 November
- Men who attacked former Czech PM were among the neo-Nazis on 17 November
- Neo-Nazis want to disrupt 17 November commemorations in Prague
- MEP Romeo Franz tells Romani demonstrators in Brussels: Politicians must consider us Roma equal partners
- VIDEO: Brussels demonstration by Romani people
- Organizer of 8 July protest by Romani people in Brussels is corrected by incoming MEP - "I've never spoken with him"
- European Roma to demonstrate in Brussels against discrimination, ineffective financing, poverty
- Romani celebrity Radek Banga tells 300 000 demonstrators in the Czech capital: This is not just a handful of people!
- Man who gave Nazi salute at anti-EU demonstration in Czech capital fined and given suspended sentence
- Russia: Youth conflict sparks bloodshed, attempted pogrom against Roma has fatal outcome
- Commentary: Is the Czech PM just a liar, or is he also paranoid?
- EP elections: Four Romani candidates in Czech Republic, more than 20 in Slovakia
- Italy: Almost 1 000 Roma and Sinti march in Milan on Romani Resistance Day
- 1 May march by Czech neo-Nazis was dispersed and torches were put out, but antisemitic abuse was expressed
- Report from Prague's anti-EU demonstration: The little guys on all sides