LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
The current situation in the United States of America is being debated today in Prague by Steve Bannon, a former strategic adviser to US President Donald Trump, with another former special adviser to a different White House, Lanny Davis, who is a member of the Democratic Party. Bannon is considered a controversial figure - prior to his White House work he led the extremist, xenophobic news website Breitbart.com, which was known at that time for its significantly anti-immigrant, nationalist rhetoric.
The main subjects of the debate between Bannon and Davis, who is a follower of Trump's presidential rival, Hillary Clinton, will be economic nationalism, globalization, immigration and international trade. Both politicians were invited to Prague by the industrial holding company Czechoslovak Group in collaboration with the CEVRO college.
Bannon was one of Trump's closest collaborators during his presidential campaign and his first months in office. After Trump's electoral victory, Bannon served as a strategic adviser in the White House.
After many controversies, Bannon was removed last August at a time when Trump faced strong criticism over the White House reaction to the violence in Virginia that was provoked by white racists. In March Bannon was a guest speaker at a convention of the French ultra-right Front National party.
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital
- Chair of Prague DSSS celebrates ultra-right terrorist murdering woman in USA
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Trump flip-flops after condemning "white supremacists", now talks "left-wing terrorism"
- Czech Republic: Assembly to honor the victim of the neo-Nazi terror attack in the USA
- USA: Neo-Nazi website shut down after insulting Charlottesville murder victim
- USA: Politicians and public pressure Trump to condemn white racists behind Saturday's deadly violence
- USA: Charlottesville mayor says Saturday's incident was terrorism, FBI investigating
- US President fails to explicitly condemn white racists for deadly rally, garners criticism and protest
- USA: "White nationalist" rally blamed for three deaths and 19 injuries
- Ukraine: One Romani man killed and others injured, including child, during yet another neo-Nazi pogrom
- Czech court rules activists did not enrich themselves by using abandoned building, state may go to Supreme Court
- Slovak Parliament condemns growing displays of extremism
- Czech PM, in speech about EU, says migration problems have caused a rise in extremist politics
- Italian Interior Minister plans to deport Romani people, opposition calls the plan repugnant
- Civil society members of Czech Govt Roma Council leave meeting in protest against housing benefit-free zones
- Czech President's staff criticize inclusion of "Freedom and Direct Democracy" party in extremism report
- Czech Interior Ministry: SPD movement has assumed the agenda of the extreme right
- Romani entrepreneurs push for unemployed Roma, not foreigners, to be hired for Czech bark beetle eradication
- VIDEO: Demonstration about closure of Czech city's residential hotels, inhabited mostly by Roma
- Germany is coping - three years after the immigration wave, 25 % of refugees have jobs
- Italy: New Government demands closure of Romani encampments, redistribution of asylum-seekers by EU
Tags:Diskuze, Extremism, Praha, Live
France gives Czech Public Defender of Rights Anna Šabatová its highest state award, the Legion of Honor24.6.2018 14:25
Czech court rules activists did not enrich themselves by using abandoned building, state may go to Supreme Court22.6.2018 10:32
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.