LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
The current situation in the United States of America is being debated today in Prague by Steve Bannon, a former strategic adviser to US President Donald Trump, with another former special adviser to a different White House, Lanny Davis, who is a member of the Democratic Party. Bannon is considered a controversial figure - prior to his White House work he led the extremist, xenophobic news website Breitbart.com, which was known at that time for its significantly anti-immigrant, nationalist rhetoric.
The main subjects of the debate between Bannon and Davis, who is a follower of Trump's presidential rival, Hillary Clinton, will be economic nationalism, globalization, immigration and international trade. Both politicians were invited to Prague by the industrial holding company Czechoslovak Group in collaboration with the CEVRO college.
Bannon was one of Trump's closest collaborators during his presidential campaign and his first months in office. After Trump's electoral victory, Bannon served as a strategic adviser in the White House.
After many controversies, Bannon was removed last August at a time when Trump faced strong criticism over the White House reaction to the violence in Virginia that was provoked by white racists. In March Bannon was a guest speaker at a convention of the French ultra-right Front National party.
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital
- Chair of Prague DSSS celebrates ultra-right terrorist murdering woman in USA
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Trump flip-flops after condemning "white supremacists", now talks "left-wing terrorism"
- Czech Republic: Assembly to honor the victim of the neo-Nazi terror attack in the USA
- USA: Neo-Nazi website shut down after insulting Charlottesville murder victim
- USA: Politicians and public pressure Trump to condemn white racists behind Saturday's deadly violence
- USA: Charlottesville mayor says Saturday's incident was terrorism, FBI investigating
- US President fails to explicitly condemn white racists for deadly rally, garners criticism and protest
- USA: "White nationalist" rally blamed for three deaths and 19 injuries
- Ten years after the Czech neo-Nazi arson attack on her Romani family, Natálka still suffers from nightmares and pain
- Czech Embassy in Italy trying to prevent neo-Fascist co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure Jan Palach there
- Czech court releases recording of phone call in terrorism case capturing defendant's hate speech
- Czech prosecutor seeks just four years in prison for fanatic who caused train crashes
- Czech students protest co-optation of Czechoslovak historical figure in Italy
- Neo-Nazis from C14 group that assaults Roma march through Ukrainian capital celebrating ultra-nationalist historical figure
- Italian neo-Nazis want to co-opt the legacy of Czechoslovak who set himself on fire to protest the '68 invasion
- German MP who recently visited Czech President met with South African racists on official visit
- Czech Police charge senior citizen, a fanatical supporter of xenophobic politician, with terrorism
- Czech Government approves extremism report, rhetoric of some MPs is more radical than neo-Nazis' now
- German Police arrest four neo-Nazis
- Austrian Parliament expands ban on extremist symbols to include Islamist emblems, domestic ultra-right symbols not banned