LIVE BROADCAST: Disgraced adviser to US President debates Democratic Party supporter in Prague
The current situation in the United States of America is being debated today in Prague by Steve Bannon, a former strategic adviser to US President Donald Trump, with another former special adviser to a different White House, Lanny Davis, who is a member of the Democratic Party. Bannon is considered a controversial figure - prior to his White House work he led the extremist, xenophobic news website Breitbart.com, which was known at that time for its significantly anti-immigrant, nationalist rhetoric.
The main subjects of the debate between Bannon and Davis, who is a follower of Trump's presidential rival, Hillary Clinton, will be economic nationalism, globalization, immigration and international trade. Both politicians were invited to Prague by the industrial holding company Czechoslovak Group in collaboration with the CEVRO college.
Bannon was one of Trump's closest collaborators during his presidential campaign and his first months in office. After Trump's electoral victory, Bannon served as a strategic adviser in the White House.
After many controversies, Bannon was removed last August at a time when Trump faced strong criticism over the White House reaction to the violence in Virginia that was provoked by white racists. In March Bannon was a guest speaker at a convention of the French ultra-right Front National party.
- Disgraced former Trump adviser to debate 2016 election with Democratic Party supporter in the Czech capital
- Chair of Prague DSSS celebrates ultra-right terrorist murdering woman in USA
- USA: Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, offline after boycott
- USA: Trump flip-flops after condemning "white supremacists", now talks "left-wing terrorism"
- Czech Republic: Assembly to honor the victim of the neo-Nazi terror attack in the USA
- USA: Neo-Nazi website shut down after insulting Charlottesville murder victim
- USA: Politicians and public pressure Trump to condemn white racists behind Saturday's deadly violence
- USA: Charlottesville mayor says Saturday's incident was terrorism, FBI investigating
- US President fails to explicitly condemn white racists for deadly rally, garners criticism and protest
- USA: "White nationalist" rally blamed for three deaths and 19 injuries
- Czech court hears accused assailants of African man deny they racially abused him in any way
- Tomáš Ščuka: We may disagree with him, but Romani candidate for extremist party is entitled to his opinions
- Czech Police charge right-wing extremists who assaulted citizens of India
- Local Prague candidate seems to have given Nazi salute at demonstration, extremist party she is running for disavows her
- Slovakia: Chair of neo-Nazi party indicted for using Nazi symbols on checks
- German Police find right-wing extremists' list of 25 000 "enemies"
- Italy: Moroccan beaten to death, athlete of Nigerian origin attacked as fascists in the Govt spread racism
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 16:00 in Prague: RomanoNet protests discrimination and racism against Roma in Europe, publishes manifesto Dost! Basta! Enough!
- LIVE BROADCAST: RomanoNet delivers protest manifesto to the Italian Embassy about Italy's racist measures against Roma
- In Prague and other European cities, Romani people and their allies to protest recent violence against Roma in Ukraine
- Slovak Govt Plenipotentiary for the Romani Community: Žilina is a textbook example of hate crime
- Slovakia: Romani youth in critical condition after brutal racist attack, police say they see no racist motive and make racist remarks themselves
Tags:Diskuze, Extremism, Praha, Live
videoRacists and populists will not stop us! ROMEA launches crowdfunding campaign to support news server Romea.cz11.9.2018 7:54
Každý diskutující musí dodržovat PRAVIDLA DISKUZE SERVERU Romea.cz. Moderátoři serveru Romea.cz si vyhrazují právo bez předchozího upozornění skrýt nevhodné příspěvky z diskuse na Romea.cz. Ty pak budou viditelné jen pro vás a vaše přátele na Facebooku. Při opakovaném porušení pravidel mohou moderátoři zablokovat zobrazování vašich příspěvků v diskusích na Romea.cz ostatním uživatelům.