VIDEO: March of Proud Roma begins International Romani Day celebrations
The "March of Proud Roma" is kicking off International Romani Day celebrations in Brno, Czech Republic today. The traditional Romani procession with a horse-drawn wagon on which musicians will play will leave the Museum of Romani Culture at 15:00.
ROMEA TV will broadcast the event live online. "We will set out together for Brno City Hall at Dominikánské nám. 1. At 17:00 the City Hall will fly the Czech and the Romani flags. We will sing the Czech and the Romani anthems together with the Divadlo Husa na provázku ensemble," the organizers said.
At 18:00 the Scala University Cinema will be dancing and singing to the music of Piroš Rouža. The celebrations will close with a screening of the film "Roma Boys - A Love Story", directed by Rozálie Kohoutová.
The Brno celebrations are convened by local organizations dedicated to integrating Romani people into society. For the full schedule of events around the country this week, please see this overview.
- International Romani Day 2019 - Events in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 17:30 CET: Prague begins celebrating International Romani Day
- Czech Republic: Romani students send video message for International Romani Day
- Czech Republic: More than 3 000 Roma celebrate International Romani Day on a square in Ostrava
- Czech President Zeman visits school with Romani pupils as 2021/2022 school year begins
- At remembrance event, chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust says Okamura is one of the Czech politicians agitating against Romani people
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT NOON: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
- Human rights activists: Czech police officers who intervened against Stanislav Tomáš should be suspended until investigations end, ban kneeling on the neck during interventions
- LIVE BROADCAST TOMORROW 10 AM: Press conference on the case of the death of Stanislav Tomáš in the Czech Republic
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Romani activist Rudolf Zajda has passed away in the Czech Republic
- EU Fundamental Rights Agency and OSCE say governments must deliver aid to Roma affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- VIDEO: Igor Kmeťo, Jr., Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig and others release new song for International Roma Day
- US administration greets Roma on 8 April, Romani flag up at the US Embassy in Prague
- Alexander Soros: We celebrate the identity, self-determination and unity of Roma, Open Society Foundations will always support them
- MEP Peter Pollák on World Roma Day: Mere declarations of willingness to solve problems not enough, it's time for results