LIVE BROADCAST: Opening of the 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO in Prague
The 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO will begin as is traditional with a party under the open skies on the banks of the Vltava River in Prague. Střelecký ostrov (Shooter's Island) will be the venue for the very first concert of the festival.
Those performing will be the Milan Kroka Live Band, which will present its colorful cross-genre repertoire of "Gypsy rumba", pop, and traditional Romani music. They will be followed by the Romani band Gipsy.cz with its "Romano Hip-Hop" style, which has made them internationally famous.
The Slovak performer Gitana, who is frequently referred to as the "Slovak Beyoncé", will also sing. ROMEA TV, the first Romani Internet television channel in the Czech Republic, will broadcast the launch of the festival live.
- 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO begins tomorrow - ROMEA TV to broadcast several live performances
- Czech Republic: Khamoro 2017 ends with gala concert in a packed SaSaZu club
- Czech Republic: KHAMORO parade of performers takes to the streets of Prague
- Czech Republic: Discussion on Romani characters in literature part of the KHAMORO festival
- Romani candidate in Czech regional elections says politicians don't have to be corrupt
- Emil Voráč: Czech Govt COVID-19 measures have not stopped our work, but the poorest are being forgotten
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Czech xenophobic band removed from music festival lineup after other performers refuse to share the stage with them
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
- Gipsy.cz's new video calls on adults and children to put down their phones and go outside together
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival
- Czech Philharmonic celebrates International Romani Day with Romani literature and musicians
- Czech Prime Minister expresses condolences over the death of legendary Romani singer