LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 11 CET: Ceremonial awarding of scholarships for Romani secondary school students
Today at 11 AM in the beautiful Brožíkův Hall of the Old Town Hall in Prague, the Romani Scholarship Program is holding its celebratory gathering of Romani students of secondary and higher technical schools who have become scholarship recipients this school year. The program is implemented by the ROMEA organization for a third year with the support of the Velux Foundation of Denmark, the Albatros Foundation and other supporters.
The first online Romani television station in the Czech Republic, ROMEA TV, will be broadcasting the ceremony live. You can view the ceremony through the Romea.cz website or through the ROMEA TV channel on YouTube.
- LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT 16:00 in Prague: RomanoNet protests discrimination and racism against Roma in Europe, publishes manifesto Dost! Basta! Enough!
- LIVE BROADCAST: RomanoNet delivers protest manifesto to the Italian Embassy about Italy's racist measures against Roma
- Czech Republic: Romani secondary school students can apply for scholarships, deadline is 15 July
- LIVE BROADCAST: Opening of the 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO in Prague
- LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Contemporary research of the Holocaust, Romani victims, and their public commemoration
- Czech MEP Zdechovský for ROMEA TV: Romani projects must have concrete outputs like the Romani scholarships do
- Czech Police officer explains why he donated to Romani Scholarships
- Romani psychology student who is a ROMEA scholarship winner featured on Czech Television
- During Czech COVID-19 pandemic, NGO distributes more than 80 laptops to Romani students for distance learning
- ROMEA gives 94 Romani students at Czech colleges and high schools scholarships, program is in its fifth year
- Romani film festival in Berlin gives special recognition to film about removing pig farm from WWII-era concentration camp site in Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: 11th Romani student meeting BARUVAS is changing lives
- LIVE BROADCAST Sunday at noon CET: European Roma Holocaust Memorial Day commemoration at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Antigypsyism and antisemitism rooted in European culture for centuries, experts discuss the causes of online hate
- ROMEA announces Romani Scholarship Program for 2020/2021 in the Czech Republic
- LIVE BROADCAST AT 11 AM: Winning design for future memorial at former concentration camp for Roma to be unveiled in Prague
- Slovak Education Ministry establishes expert team focused on solving problems with the education of members of national minorities
- Closed commemoration of the Roma victims of the Holocaust at Lety u Písku cultural heritage site
- Central European University offers stipend to Romani students for online summer school, deadline 13 May
- Czech foundation introduces new online platform for tutoring services