LIVE BROADCAST TODAY AT NOON: Commemorative ceremony at Lety u Písku
Today, Sunday, 1 August, at 12:00 CET the traditional commemorative ceremony honoring the Romani victims of Nazism will be held at the site of the unmarked burial ground for the victims of the WWII-era concentration camp at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic. ROMEA TV will be broadcasting live.
"Esteemed friends, the members of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust would like to invite you to our traditional commemorative ceremony dedicated to the Romani victims of Nazism. For a second year, thanks to the former administration of Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka, we are able to organize this ceremony, with the support of the Czech Ministry of Culture, in a more dignified setting at the burial site for the members of our families who were prisoners of the concentration camp near near the village of Lety u Písku," reads the invitation that has been sent to news server Romea.cz by the chair of the Committee for the Redress of the Roma Holocaust, Čeněk Růžička.
"As we visit this symbolic place of the suffering of the Roma and Sinti, let's tell all the xenophobes, neo-Nazis and racists that hatred of any minority will not find support in our country," the press release says. The ceremony will begin at noon with the Czech national anthem and the hymn of the Romani prisoners of the Nazi concentration camps.
- Traditional commemorative ceremony dedicated to the Romani victims of Nazism will be held on Sunday, 1 August at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- Czech local archive publishes digitalized records online of the former concentration camp for Romani people at Lety
- Czech documentary film LETY will screen online for free on 13 May, followed by live chat with producers
- Annual commemoration of the Holocaust of the Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic, is postponed due to the pandemic
- Czech National Memorial on Vítkov Hill in Prague holds exhibition about the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Czech presses release new book by the late Olga Fečová, "Never Enough Time in the Day: Memoir of a proud Romani woman"
- LIVE BROADCAST from Prague: "Leperiben. My nezapomínáme."- "We Will Never Forget." - Commemoration of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- Lada Viková: Paťiv le Romenge, save has marde le holokaustoha - Honor to the Holocaust victims of Romani origin
- President of Slovakia Zuzana Čaputová posts in Romanes for Roma Holocaust Memorial Day: Te e historija na avel pale kampel te achaľol, so hin ňenavisť
- Czech politicians commemorate Roma Holocaust Memorial Day - chair of the Pirates says racism has not disappeared and we must work on securing Roma their place in society
- Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights Dunja Mijatović on the occasion of Roma Holocaust Memorial Day: We must ensure the protection of the human rights of Romani people
- LIVE BROADCAST from the Auschwitz Memorial: Commemoration of Roma Holocaust Memorial Day on 2 August, the day the Nazis murdered as many as 4,300 Romani men and women
- Demolition of the defunct industrial pig farm at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic has begun, memorial to the Holocaust of the Roma and Sinti is one step closer
- Photos and video from the symbolic demolition of the industrial pig farm on the site of the former concentration camp for Roma at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- LIVE ONLINE 22 JULY: Grand launch of the demolition of the industrial pig farm at Lety u Písku, Czech Republic
- World-renowned pianist Tomáš Kačo performs in Prague as part of the KHAMORO World Roma Festival