LIVE BROADCAST TODAY from the Czech Republic: Funeral of the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
ROMEA TV will broadcast live the memorial service for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music, at 10:45 CET today from the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Ladislav Giňa, a relative, previously told news server Romea.cz that it is anticipated hundreds of people will attend the funeral.
"We are expecting many people. They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said.
The entire service will begin in the church with an open casket viewing. After the mass, a funeral procession will make its way to the local cemetery, where Ms Bílá will be laid to rest.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.
- Romani community member Jozef Facuna has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Czech Republic: Roma Pride 2019 broadcast live online by ROMEA TV
- Emil Voráč: Some non-Romani social work clients in the Czech Republic refuse aid from Romani people
- Hollywood Reporter says "The Painted Bird", starring a Romani child actor, is among the 20 best films this year
- Czech film of "The Painted Bird" features Romani child actor in the main role
- Last survivor of Czech students sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp has passed away in the Czech Republic
- ROMEA TV: Czech Republic's Gipsy Brothers band reminisces about 16 years of friendship
- Magdalena Karvayová: Parents in the ghettos need to see education offers their children a future
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Edita Stejskalová: Czech PM has decided not to establish the post of Commissioner for Romani Affairs
- New vice-chair of the Czech Govt Romani Affairs Council: Problems must be addressed, especially in difficult times