LIVE BROADCAST TODAY from the Czech Republic: Funeral of the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
ROMEA TV will broadcast live the memorial service for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music, at 10:45 CET today from the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Ladislav Giňa, a relative, previously told news server Romea.cz that it is anticipated hundreds of people will attend the funeral.
"We are expecting many people. They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said.
The entire service will begin in the church with an open casket viewing. After the mass, a funeral procession will make its way to the local cemetery, where Ms Bílá will be laid to rest.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Czech town to see exhibition by pro-Romani and Romani artists referencing the Black Lives Matter movement
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram
- Slovak tabloid covers funeral of Romani woman as spectacle
- Czech car manufacturer Škoda distances itself from video by German ultra-right rapper
- Postponed celebrations of International Romani Day to be held in Czech capital on 22 July
- Miri Fajta, a Romani production company, wins Czech short film competition, could show at Cannes
- Roma youth build music school to bring people together in the Czech Republic
- Czech Police intervene against yet another publisher of antisemitic books
- Romani activist, journalist, poet and translator Jan Döme Horváth has passed away in the Czech Republic
- "Czechs Are Helping" initiative to hold benefit Romani music concert to raise money for children in Greek refugee camps
- The Central Council of German Sinti and Roma is deeply saddened by the death of Holocaust survivor and Roma civil rights activist Raymond Gurême