LIVE BROADCAST TODAY from the Czech Republic: Funeral of the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
ROMEA TV will broadcast live the memorial service for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music, at 10:45 CET today from the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Ladislav Giňa, a relative, previously told news server Romea.cz that it is anticipated hundreds of people will attend the funeral.
"We are expecting many people. They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said.
The entire service will begin in the church with an open casket viewing. After the mass, a funeral procession will make its way to the local cemetery, where Ms Bílá will be laid to rest.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Petr Kotlár: Filming with Václav Marhoul was a colossal experience
- Memorial service for Czech civic activist tomorrow in Prague, event in her honor next week
- Juliana Vodrážková: Josef Bánom has passed away
- Slovak President Čaputová awards Romani doctor and human rights activist with state honors
- Commentary: Which Czech media outlets can we take seriously?
- LIVE BROADCAST: Gala awards ceremony Tajsa 2019 for Roma in the arts and culture
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights is now Monika Šimůnková, a former Human Rights Commissioner
- Austria: Wiener Symphoniker names Dalibor Karvay its new first concertmaster
- Gipsy.cz's new video calls on adults and children to put down their phones and go outside together
- International Romani Language Day celebrated with readings in six Czech cities
- Czech kickboxer of Romani origin wins gold in Sarajevo
- Iveta Bílková: Czech society should not tolerate words like "Cigán", "Cigoši", etc.