LIVE BROADCAST TODAY from the Czech Republic: Funeral of the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
ROMEA TV will broadcast live the memorial service for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music, at 10:45 CET today from the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Ladislav Giňa, a relative, previously told news server Romea.cz that it is anticipated hundreds of people will attend the funeral.
"We are expecting many people. They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said.
The entire service will begin in the church with an open casket viewing. After the mass, a funeral procession will make its way to the local cemetery, where Ms Bílá will be laid to rest.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. the "Gypsy King", has defended his title as boxing champion of the world
- Czech elections: Local report of suspected vote-buying, allegedly to cast ballots for the governing ANO movement
- Czech gallery holds exhibition of visual antisemitism from the Middle Ages to the present
- Czech town sees 6 000 people attend Romfest in runup to elections, Romani figures explained the importance of voting and warned against ultranationalists
- Jury of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" TV contest brought to tears by performance of Romani children from the Luník IX housing estate
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- Grandson of famous Czechoslovak partisan from the Romani community says his grandfather was a hero
- Stanislav Tomáš, who died in police custody, laid to rest in Teplice, Czech Republic. Civil society and his family call for his death to be properly investigated
- Czech Police reject request for a second autopsy of the late Stanislav Tomáš, whose funeral will take place on Saturday, 24 July
- VIDEO: "Kneeling on the neck means death" - debut from Romani rapper Filip Šenki in the Czech Republic
- Ladislav Samek: It is hard to get rid of the label of "institutionalized child" in Czech society