LIVE BROADCAST TODAY from the Czech Republic: Funeral of the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
ROMEA TV will broadcast live the memorial service for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music, at 10:45 CET today from the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Ladislav Giňa, a relative, previously told news server Romea.cz that it is anticipated hundreds of people will attend the funeral.
"We are expecting many people. They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said.
The entire service will begin in the church with an open casket viewing. After the mass, a funeral procession will make its way to the local cemetery, where Ms Bílá will be laid to rest.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- Legendary Romani musician Rudolf Bagár has passed away
- Czech Deputy Public Defender of Rights says Public Defender of Rights is publicly misrepresenting what she said to him
- Romani kickboxer from Czech Republic keeps winning with "Gitano" on his back and the Romani flag on his shorts
- COVID-19 virus mutation means Czech Republic introducing quarantine for arrivals from Britain, flights stop today at noon
- Commentary: Senator infamous for antigypsyist remarks about the "cikánská question" joins regional party in the Czech Republic
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher
- Rajko Djurić, academic, author and former president of the International Romani Union, has passed away
- Zuzana Kumanová becomes the first Romani woman ever appointed to high office in Slovakia
- Romani singer sends message about COVID-19 from a Czech hospital: You do not want to catch this
- Czech town to see exhibition by pro-Romani and Romani artists referencing the Black Lives Matter movement
- UK quarantine for travelers arriving from Czech Republic begins tomorrow
- Forbes.cz: Romani celebrity Monika Bagárová is the third most influential person on Czech Instagram