LIVE BROADCAST TODAY from the Czech Republic: Funeral of the Queen of Romani Music, Věra Bílá
ROMEA TV will broadcast live the memorial service for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music, at 10:45 CET today from the Church of Our Lady of the Snow (Panny Marie Sněžné) in Rokycany, Czech Republic. Ladislav Giňa, a relative, previously told news server Romea.cz that it is anticipated hundreds of people will attend the funeral.
"We are expecting many people. They will come to pay their respects to Věra from Moravia, Slovakia, and also from abroad," Giňa said.
The entire service will begin in the church with an open casket viewing. After the mass, a funeral procession will make its way to the local cemetery, where Ms Bílá will be laid to rest.
Ms Bílá passed away suddenly at the age of 64 on Tuesday, 12 March, at the teaching hospital in Plzeň. She had been briefly hospitalized there in critical condition after a heart attack.
- England: Requiem mass held for Věra Bílá, the Queen of Romani Music
- Funeral for Romani vocalist Věra Bílá to be held Saturday in Rokycany, Czech Republic
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- Czech Television presents documentary film about Romani singer Věřa Bílá
- In an historical first, Romani artist Małgorzata Mirga-Tas represents Poland at the Venice Biennale with “Re-enchanting the World”
- Tyson Fury, a.k.a. "The Gypsy King", again defends his boxing title as world champion
- More than 3 000 people assembled to celebrate World Roma Day in Ostrava, Czech Republic - footage of performances here
- Funeral held in Czech capital for Pavlína Radlová, a pivotal member of the Romani community and civil society
- Olga Fečová, author, foster mother and pedagogical assistant, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Antonín Gondolán: If you're a decent person who looks good, you can get things done!
- Štefan Pongo, founder of the Czechoslovak Romani Union, has passed away
- Coffin of Italian neo-Fascist is draped with the Nazi flag, causing a scandal
- Czech capital to see announcement of awards for children's Romanes-language literature, video and visual art today - Romano suno 2021
- Civil society members of the Czech Govt Council for Romani Minority Affairs: Petr Uhl was and will always remain a person who gave many Romani men and women a hope of a more dignified life
- Final round of "Czechia Slovakia Has Talent" to broadcast this weekend, Romani family act makes the finals
- Romani artist from Serbia portrays death of Stanislav Tomáš, exhibition in Prague closes 9 December