LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival
The World Romani Festival KHAMORO ends today at 20:00 with the closing gala concert featuring Romengo & Juan De Lerida, 3000...DeSCencias, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Ehali Cygane, Ivan Herák's Cembalom Band, Begeš and special guests David Kraus & Gipsy Brothers, broadcast live online by ROMEA TV. This year Khamoro was awarded the Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe (EFFE) label of quality and has been listed on Festivalfinder.eu.
Representatives of the European Festivals Association (EFA) assess productions that apply for the label of quality. The project is supported by the European Union.
Khamoro means "Sun" in Romanes. The festival is staged by the Slovo 21 organization and Studio Production Saga.
In addition to dance and musical performances, there are exhibitions and lectures on Romani subject matter included on the program. Annually the event attracts roughly 10 000 visitors from abroad and all over the Czech Republic over the course of one week.
- Romani candidate in Czech regional elections says politicians don't have to be corrupt
- Emil Voráč: Czech Govt COVID-19 measures have not stopped our work, but the poorest are being forgotten
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Czech xenophobic band removed from music festival lineup after other performers refuse to share the stage with them
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Czech town sees its first-ever Romani music festival
- Romani musician Jan Surmaj has passed away in the Czech Republic
- Czech film festival visited by seven Romani children from Slovak settlements to promote "Silent Days"
- Germany: Alcohol banned at neo-Nazi festival, some locals also bought up all the beer to keep it out of neo-Nazi hands
- Czech Philharmonic celebrates International Romani Day with Romani literature and musicians