LIVE BROADCAST TONIGHT: Final Gala Concert of the Khamoro Festival
The World Romani Festival KHAMORO ends today at 20:00 with the closing gala concert featuring Romengo & Juan De Lerida, 3000...DeSCencias, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Ehali Cygane, Ivan Herák's Cembalom Band, Begeš and special guests David Kraus & Gipsy Brothers, broadcast live online by ROMEA TV. This year Khamoro was awarded the Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe (EFFE) label of quality and has been listed on Festivalfinder.eu.
Representatives of the European Festivals Association (EFA) assess productions that apply for the label of quality. The project is supported by the European Union.
Khamoro means "Sun" in Romanes. The festival is staged by the Slovo 21 organization and Studio Production Saga.
In addition to dance and musical performances, there are exhibitions and lectures on Romani subject matter included on the program. Annually the event attracts roughly 10 000 visitors from abroad and all over the Czech Republic over the course of one week.
- Romani artist from Serbia portrays death of Stanislav Tomáš, exhibition in Prague closes 9 December
- Czech town sees 6 000 people attend Romfest in runup to elections, Romani figures explained the importance of voting and warned against ultranationalists
- Romani singer Věra Gondolánová has passed away
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- Romani candidate in Czech regional elections says politicians don't have to be corrupt
- Emil Voráč: Czech Govt COVID-19 measures have not stopped our work, but the poorest are being forgotten
- KHAMORO World Romani Festival marks International Romani Day with online anthem performance
- Czech xenophobic band removed from music festival lineup after other performers refuse to share the stage with them
- Czech-Slovak co-production of TV singing contest to feature Romani celebrity on the jury
- Romani rapper Alex Dzurko's new video criticizes "Facebook warriors" and racists, laments social divisions
- KHAMORO World Roma Festival and Prague Spring classical music festival given the EFFE Label
- Czech town sees its first-ever Romani music festival