LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST: International Romani Day celebrations at LaFabrika in Prague
The Romani association ARA ART and its partners are holding their second annual celebration of International Romani Day, this year with the theme of "Honoring the Invisible." Paťiv (respect) will be paid to young Romani people who are disrupting the entrenched stereotypes that predominate in Czech society about Romani people.
Representatives of young Romani people will be presented who are at the start of their careers and who have already managed to accomplish something and to refute the predominant hypotheses about Romani people as eternally "inadaptable", problematic and unemployable. A live broadcast of the evening's events can be followed as of 20:00 CET here on the Romea.cz website as well as through the ARA ART YouTube channel.
The gala evening celebrating International Romani Day will take place in the LaFabrika theater at Komunardů 30, 170 00 Praha 7 and will include a musical program. Those who will perform include Gejza Horváth, Antonín Gondolán, Marta Balážová, Gitana, Radek Bagár, Funky Brothers, Jan Bendig, Miro Bartoš and many others.
- US Embassy in Prague displays Romani flag in honor of International Romani Day
- John Kerry on International Romani Day: Today we celebrate the rich cultural heritage of Roma and their contributions to society
- Czech Human Rights Minister on International Romani Day: Quality education, more awareness of Romani culture, history, language all important
- Czech Republic: International Romani Day celebration to honor the invisible in Prague
- Poland: Art exhibition sparks accusations of antisemitism and other bigotries
- Čhavorenge Romani children's choir and the Czech Philharmonic perform in the Romani settlements of Slovakia
- Czech art competition for works about the Holocaust of the Roma announces winners this week
- Romani child actor from The Painted Bird rejects tv role in the Czech Republic of "bad g*psy child"
- Petr Ščuka: Romani flag accessories with Swarovski crystals are popular
- Slovak public broadcasting continuing children's television program in Romanes and Slovak
- Petr Horváth, founder of the band Gipsy Sendy, has passed away at the age of 45 in Slovakia
- Jarmila Balážová: What does the stormy debate in the Czech Republic about the TV series featuring Romani performers show us?
- Romani singer Věra Gondolánová has passed away
- "Gypsy King" boxer Tyson Fury tells GQ he once gave his Louboutins to a homeless man in LA, but his giving doesn't stop there
- Best of the Romani musicians program BAŠAVEL in 2020, broadcast online by Czech NGO ROMEA
- Romani actor to appear in latest installment of antigypsyist Czech film series made by former 'special school' teacher