Live online broadcast TODAY of benefit concert in Prague to support Romani accident victim's medical treatment
A benefit concert will be held on Tuesday, 23 October at 15:00 in Prague for Romani community member Lenička Horváthová, who fell victim to a serious automobile accident three years ago. Musicians from abroad and from the Czech Republic will perform.
The entire proceeds will be donated to cover the costs of her medical treatment. Her mother was at the wheel and another two passengers were also in the car when the accident happened.
While everybody else came away with just slight injuries, the accident was fateful for Lenička, turning her life inside out. She fell into a coma and was paralyzed with severe brain damage.
"They told us on three separate occasions in the hospital that Lenička was no longer alive, they wanted to disconnect her from life support, but I would not allow it, and thank God she is still alive," her father says. The state of her health is improving thanks to her family, but the cost of her treatment is very high.
BANK ACCOUNTS FOR DIRECT DONATION
- To donate from within the Czech Republic: 115-8033480297/0100
- To donate from abroad: CZ87010 0000 1580 3348 0297, SWIFT: KOMBCZPP
Lenička's family has ended up in financial difficulty that is endangering their ability to pay for the treatment on which her life depends. The benefit concert for her will be held at the Congress Center in Prague.
Musicians Monika Bagárová, Jan Bendig, Tomáš Botlo, Milan Kroka and Cuban singer Tanda Corrons and her orchestra will perform. Tickets to the concert can be bought HERE.
By buying a ticket you are contributing to helping cover the costs of some of the special equipment Lenička needs to use on a day-to-day basis. The bank accounts above allow individuals to make direct donations.
LIVE ONLINE BROADCAST 23 OCTOBER
- Czech Republic: Benefit concert for Romani child who survived antigypsyist arson in 2009
- Czech Republic: Romani musicians give benefit concert for families of girls killed in hit-and-run in England
- Benefit concert in Prague tonight for Natálka, victim of anti-Roma arson attack
- Amnesty International benefit concerts to draw attention to segregated education
- Věra Bílá, legendary singer from the Romani community, has passed away in the Czech Republic
- VIDEO: Romani performer Věra Bílá is back with singer Jan Bendig and bandleader Milan Kroka
- Romani sisters launch new music video in the Czech Republic
- Romani band Bengas issues new video protesting racist attacks after performer moves away from the Czech Republic
- Famous Romani vocalist Věra Bílá returns to the Czech music scene with Jan Bendig and Milan Kroka
- "America's Got Talent" invites Romani twins from Czech Republic to perform
- Italian neo-Nazis want to co-opt the legacy of Czechoslovak who set himself on fire to protest the '68 invasion
- Czech alternative rock band features non-Roma and Roma performers
- Czech landlord allegedly threatens to pull the plug tonight on evictees' amplified displacement party
- Miroslav Rác: 21st century classical music teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and its Romani victims
- LIVE BROADCAST: Opening of the 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO in Prague
- 20th annual World Roma Festival KHAMORO begins tomorrow - ROMEA TV to broadcast several live performances